Health Discovery Network
Guest psst-itsme

If everything good, looked like these...

Guest psst-itsme

March 1: Kraft Kills Road Kill Gummies

Professional Candy Buyer Exclusive

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Parsippany, NJ — Kraft Foods, Inc. will halt production of Trolli Road Kill Gummies following complaints from New Jersey animal rights activists. The squirrel-, chicken- and snake-shaped gummies are shaped to resemble animals that have been run over by cars.

Last week, the New Jersey Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty to Animals voiced its objections to the items, claiming they encourage kids to mistreat animals.

Kraft says production of the gummies, made at the company’s Creston, IA, facility, will stop as soon as possible and remaining inventories will be sold.

According to reports, Kraft spokesperson Larry Baumann says: “We take comments from our customers very seriously, and in hindsight we understand that this product could be misunderstood.”

Trolli is one of several candy brands the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co. is purchasing from Kraft in a deal valued at $1.48 billion.

It would have "killed" my need for something sweet, thats for sure!!!!

Does this mean that Sour Patch Kids are insensitive to brats? Come on people. I can't say I would buy them but more for the gross-out factor. Are kids going to kill animals to eat them because they look like candy, I think not.

And why are candy cigarettes still on the market if kids are so stupid?

Okay, I'm done.

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Have you seen the "gummy rats" at the grocery store?? I think I have found the one junk food I have no desire to eat! If only it all looked like that I would be skinny!!

Susan

SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

Guest psst-itsme

LOL, I dont think I would eat a rat. EWWWW! The worms were hard enough. What ever happened to the little cut bears and such??? LOL

Honestly...if you're eating gummy bears, worms, etc...do you examine them first? Probably not. Half of the kids probably wouldn't even notice if they were "road kill". Kinda gross, but pretty funny.

Highest Pregnancy Weight: 240.0

WW Starting Weight: 204

Goal Weight: 174

Current Weight:

weight.png

How funny!

Amy - loved the points you made!! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SW:176 (8/31/04)

GW:144 (1/11/05)

CW:127.5

PG: 125

LIFETIME: 04/05/05

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius