Health Discovery Network
Guest deedon63

Maple Salmon

Guest deedon63

I posted this question on the seafood board, but thought I would get a better response from here. I am not a fish eater, but I'm trying to add it in to my menu since I'm getting tired of chicken & this recipe sounded pretty good. But - since I have never bought fish or cooked fish before, I need some guidance!! Is this fresh or frozen?? And can it be cooked on the George Foreman - if so, how long?

Maple Salmon

1/4 cup maple syrup

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1 clove garlic, minced

1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 pound salmon

Directions

1 In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.

2 Place salmon in a shallow baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.

3 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

4 Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.

First, if you are not a fish eater, don't start with salmon. It is a very strong tasting fish and some people think it is an aquired taste. You can still use this recipe, just use a milder flavored fish. Try mahi mahi, or orange roughy or snapper. Somthing that is thick and firm and WHITE fleshed.

Cut it into serving sized pieces and follow the instructions as though you were cooking salmon. A George is perfect to cook fish in. There is no real time limit on how long to cook it. Just look at it and when there are nice brown grill marks in it, take a fork and poke it about 1/4 inch from any end and pull. If the fish flakes off and is white clear through, it is done. It's better if you don't overcook it.

Good luck, fish is really very easy to fix.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/

original starting weight 270

returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Guest deedon63

Thanks Barbara!!:bcbsalute I'll definately go with one of the other fish you suggested and give it a try this week-end!!