Health Discovery Network
ChristineP

Oatmeal Scones

Hello all,

I used to be a coffee-shop "junkie", and I love scones. I have been searching for a low-point recipe for them, and this one is pretty good, so I thought I would share it with all of you. The texture is a little more chewy than a regular scone, but maybe if I add a little more flour (counting the points for it) to the recipe, it would have a more dry consistency?

Oatmeal Scones

POINTS® value: 4

Servings: 4

Scone Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar

1/2 cup fat-free skim milk

1 tsp vanilla extract

3/4 cup uncooked oatmeal

Icing Ingredients:

1/4 cup powdered sugar

1 tsp water

1/8 tsp almond extract

Instructions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix oatmeal, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar, skim milk and vanilla extract together. Spray an 8" round pie plate with butter-flavored cooking spray. Divide dough into 4 mounds and place in pie plate. Bake 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool. In small bowl, mix together powdered sugar, water and almond extract. Drizzle evenly over each scone.

Christine

208.2/169.5/144

SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

I love scones! Thanks for the recipe, on to my email it goes!

Patience (11/1/11)

Sean-8

Sara-5

Samantha-2

314/302/180

-12 :bcb_up

Next WI - 11/28/11 (goal -2)

These are yummy! I haven't made this recipe in ages. Thanks for the reminder- LOVE the almond-flavor.

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Trying to figure out how big the scone is? before I make recipe. I love breakfasty things...but am at 20 points a day, and have to justify a 4 point breakfast, or if its worth going into flex points for. It sounds amazing...and with a cup of tea or coffee...WOWSERS! Let me know how big serving size is, please!

I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174

current weight 161

recommittment loss 3 pounds

These have become my favorite breakfast food, as well as my ds's, too! I changed 1 tablespoon brown sugar for splenda, and omited the glaze. Any idea how many points that translates too? THANKS!

I am planning on this week omiting the cinnamon, and adding orange zest...if using glaze I would go with oj and powder sugar instead ~ YUMMY!

I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174

current weight 161

recommittment loss 3 pounds

Those sound really good---I think I'll make them tomorrow morning without the glaze; maybe toss in some frozen berries. Sounds like a good Sunday breakfast. Thanks!

Edit later: I made them this morning---I tossed a handful of frozen berries in the dough [mixture of raspberries, marionberries, and blueberries]. They were really good, though I should have cooked them a titch longer. I took them out at 12 minutes--tested them with a toothpick and it came out clean--but they weren't quite done. They are really large and quite filling. I did not add the glaze, but, gave each one a spritz of FF, spray-on margerine before serving.

This is a keeper recipe!

The Oatmeal scones sounds yummy. I am going to try them this week. :)

:bcbsalute

- 17 Pounds

Guest Tiffy_Sugar

***************bump!*****************

Help!

OK - i made these this week and i think i've done something wrong.

I followed the recipe, and when i was mixing it together it seemed to dry - like there was dry flour and oats at the bottom of the bowl that wouldn't mix in because everything was so dry.

I added a splash more milk just to get it all mixed in and it got a little pasty - but i swear it was just a splash!

I baked them for the full 14 - they are sort of tasty, but definately very dense and chewy. I like my scones dry, but this was sort of super dense and heavy. The outsides were nice and toasty and i love the glaze.

I was thinking of trying again and maybe making them half the size - mini 2 point tea scones!

BUT i wanted to see if i'm the only one who had these results?

Thanks!

N :bcbsalute

N :bcb_salut

Nan-see :)

Friday is WI!

weight.png

I made these and added extra Cinnamon to the dry mix and also to the glaze instead on almond..They are so Chewy and great with coffee, EASY to make:bcb_up What a great recipe..:bcb_up

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080]Sandy[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Only I can change my life..No one can do it for me.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Carol Burnett[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=4] [/SIZE][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5sUhy2/"][/URL] HW-CW-GW 246-239-150