Kielbasa-Bean Slow Cooker Soup- 3 points

Kielbasa-Bean Slow Cooker Soup

24_kielbasabeansoup_lg.jpg

POINTS® Value | 3

Servings | 8

Preparation Time | 10 min

Cooking Time | 375 min

Level of Difficulty | Easy

soups | Toss the ingredients into a slow cooker in the morning, and you'll be eating this delicious, almost effortless homemade soup for dinner. Leftovers make a perfect light lunch.

50 oz fat-free chicken broth, four 14.5 oz cans

16 oz low-fat sausage, smoked, or reduced-fat kielbasa, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced

15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained

15 oz canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained

4 medium carrot(s), chopped

3 medium celery, stalks, chopped

1 large onion(s), chopped

1 tsp dried thyme

14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, undrained

Mix all ingredients, except tomatoes, in a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker (crockpot). Cover and cook on low-heat setting at least 6 hours or until beans are tender.

Stir in tomatoes; cover and cook on high-heat setting until heated through, about 15 minutes more. Yields about 1 heaping cup per serving.

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Hi ottermum! :wave: This sounds like a delicious recipe. And it caught my eye bcause (1) I LOVE soup recipes! (2) I love anything I can cook all day in my slow cooker. Just one question. Do you think this could be considered a "CORE" recipe? If not, I'd just have to use my flex points. Thanks for sharing.

~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *

(last updated - 03/25/07

CW: 185

Goal: 140

Hi Judy! :wave:

I don't think that kielbasa is a core food, but I'm not positive. My guess is that it's not a total core food, but maybe you could count the points for just the sausage/kielbasa?

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Guest racegirl12

Looks and sounds yummy!!! Can't wait to try it.:D

bumping this up-i want to make this this week for dinner. this sounds wonderful and i have all of the ingredients.

GOD BLESS,

LISA M

Guest Hailey

This sounds awesome, thanks!