Health Discovery Network
cheree

Buffalo Chicken Bites

(For some reason, I've been craving hot wings. I found this in the Weight Watchers Slow Good Cookbook.)

Buffalo Chicken Bites

Makes 12 Servings

1 teaspoon unsalted butter

1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes

1/4 cup chili sauce

3 tablespoons mild cayene pepper sauce

1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

3/4 cup fat-free blue cheese dressing

3 carrots, cut into 2 X 1/4-inch sticks

3 celery stalks, cut into 2 X 1/4-inch sticks

1. Melt 1/2 teaspoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a 4-quarter slow cooker. Repeat with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon butter and chicken.

2. Combine the chili sauce, cayenne pepper sauce, hot pepper sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken; mix well. Cover and cook until the chicken is fork-tender, 2-3 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low.

3. With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a bowl. Pour the sauce from the slow cooker into a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil until reduced to about 1/3 cup, 5-6 minutes. Add the sauce to the chicken and mix well.

4. Place a small bowl with the blue cheese dressing in the center of a serving platter. Arrange carrot and celery sticks on one side of the bowl and place the chicken on the other.

Per serving (1/3 cup chicken with 1 tablespoon dressing, 1 carrot stick, and 1 celery stick): 126 Cal, 4 g Fat, 1 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 39 mg Chol, 500 mg Sod, 10 g Carb, 1 g Fib, 11 g Prot, 15 mg Calc. Points value: 3.

Get set with the right mind set.

I'm with you there, I prefer FF Ranch to FF Blue Cheese dressing!!

Yum! Will definitely have to try this! I LOVE Buffalo Chicken...just not all the points! And I'm with you all on the FF Ranch!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SW:176 (8/31/04)

GW:144 (1/11/05)

CW:127.5

PG: 125

LIFETIME: 04/05/05

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius

Guest angelnic

This looks so yummy!! I think I'm going to make these to take to a get together this weekend!!!! Thanks for the recipe..........!!

I can't wait to try this recipe! I love wings and have not been able to eat them since getting on plan. Thanks for the great idea!:)

I tried this recipe this weekend, and it turned out yummy!!! I even served carrot and celery sticks with it!!!

momof3rugratz

I ate some of the leftovers without heating the chicken up as well. Tasted good cold. :)

Great portable lunch!!!! Glad you liked it.

cheree