Grilled Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms~3pts

Grilled Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms

2 jumbo Portabella tops

1/8 cup Italian bread crumbs

1 wedge Laughing Cow light swiss cheese

1 tsp chili oil (recipe below) OR 1 tsp olive oil

Salt and pepper

Cooking spray

Remove gills from mushrooms by scraping them with a spoon. Spray with cooking spray, and grill (outdoors or indoors) until tender.

Mix together bread crumbs, cheese, and chili oil. Chop 1 grilled mushroom into bite size pieces, and add to the bread crumb mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn the other grilled mushroom stem side up and stuff with the mixture. Spray the top with cooking spray. Broil until the top is golden brown.

Servings: 1

Chili Oil

1 cup olive oil

2-3 tablespoons red chili flakes

Combine oil and chili flakes in a small pot. Cook on low for about 10 minutes, or until the oil turns orange. Stain through a coffee filter to remove chili flakes. Store in the refrigerator.

This sounds really good - I'll have to give it a try. I've been wanting to try the big portabella mushroom tops - just haven't done it yet!

:) Susie :)

SW 266/CW 231/GW 150

Total lost: 35 pounds:D

Started WW 5/31/05

Reached 1st 10% goal 9/6/05

Jenn, I added a bit of fresh spinach sliced really thin. It was really good, which was surprising since I don't like Laughing Cow at all. This is the perfect meal for one! :bcbsalute

Suzie :salut

Bumpsters. And Suzie, your spinach addition sounds yummo.

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

Mmmm this was good. I didn't have spinach so I made it exacty as the recipe says. It will be a repeat for sure.

Kaitlin

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

I love mushrooms. This is without a doubt a keeper! Thanks for taking the time to share this one.

SW:205

CW:160:)

GW:170

WW Start Date: 15 Oct 05

Guest poohbearchrissy

i absolutely loved it

Wow, that sounds reeeealy good.

Thanks for the idea.

Diane

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Guest knicolet

This was absolutely fabulous. I used sliced portabella mushrooms spread out in a glass dish. In the stuffing mixture, I also used Fresh Basil sliced thin and short. I sprayed the mushrooms with Olive Oil non-fat spray and poured the mixture over them. It was one of the most delicious things I have eaten in a long time!!!!

Ok - now dumb question: After you stuff the mushroom, can you put it back on the grill or does it have to be broiled?

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

This was yummy! I used the garlic and herb laughing cow and plain olive oil for mine. I also finished it on the grill and the top browned just as it would in the oven.

HW: 244.4 (started WW 5/16/06)

8/4/10 Restarting the journey after baby

CW: 199.4

Total loss since restart: 32.6

WWGW: 165

Lifetime: 4/24/07

Guest laralosing4good

Sounds yummy, thanks!!!:)

That sounds really good!!! I'll have to try it!

Patience (11/1/11)

Sean-8

Sara-5

Samantha-2

314/302/180

-12 :bcb_up

Next WI - 11/28/11 (goal -2)

I made this over the weekend using my George Foreman grill and the oven broiler (to melt the cheese). In place of Laughing Cow I used LF cheddar (sprinkled on top). I thought it looked rather disgusting but it was tasty! Next time I'll be sure to use Laughing Cow..I think that would taste better.

I compromised on the oil...I wanted the oil to be flavored but didn't want to make a big batch for my lonely little mushroom. I put a few shakes of red pepper flakes in a TB of olive oil and let it sit for 5 minutes and then scooped out 1 tsp. of oil with as few flakes as possible. A few flakes remained, but not too many, so the mushroom had a little kick but nothing too hot.

I'll definately try this again...thanks for posting!

"Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back