Health Discovery Network
ggbeans

Aaaaaccckkk-help, puhleze!

If you take 12 oz chicken breast, add 1 can zesty pinto beans (1/2 cup=110/1/4 3 & 1/2 servings/can) add 1 can tomatoes (25/0/1 3 & 1/2 servings/can) add 1 can chicken broth (20/0/.5) and a whole mess of 0 pt veggies so that you end up with 6 servings (1 cup each) what kind of pts are you looking at?

I am so confused and I know this can't be as hard as I am making it.

TIA for any help you can give me!

SW: 157.4

CW: 154.5

2.9 down, 19.5 to go

GW: 135

~~~****~~~

Paullet

Guest Zina in Zushi

Some very small amount....that would be 2 oz of chicken....2 pts....the beans maybe .5 if you are breaking that said amount to 6 servings for real.....I would say no more than 2.5 points per serving based on 6 servings...that would be generous.

The way I figure it from the info you've supplied is - 12 oz chicken breast is 12 points. The pinto beans are 7. The tomatoes are 1. The broth and veggies are 0. So your total points are 18 which divided by 6 is 3 points per serving.

~Kristi~

Nope, not hard to figure at all...

12 oz chicken = 12 points

For the pintos, I'd figure 3 1/2 times the numbers on the can (sometimes that isn't the same as figuring 1 serving and multiplying)...that makes the whole can 330 cal, 3.5 fat, 14 fiber, so that = 4 points

The tomatoes, again I multiplied to get numbers for the whole can, still just 1 point for the whole can...87.5 cal, 0 fat, 3.5 fiber

The broth, I don't know if there's more than 1 serving in the can, but the numbers you give make it 0 points, then nothing for the veggies....comes to a grand total of 17 points, divide that by the number of servings (6, you said?) makes it 2.83 points a serving, I'd count as 3.

Hope this helps. Learning to figure out recipe points took me a while, but once I did, this whole thing got soooo much easier for me, because I could go back to my "before" recipes, a lot of them weren't that high, I just didn't know it, and the ones that were, I modified to fit.

Abbi

Abbi<br />SW 179, CW 125, GW 125<br />At (or close to) goal since 5/03

Thank you all! I did pretty good--came up with 3 pts-but I gotta admit I felt pretty unsure of my figuring--I think I get it now!

This place is amazing--I am so impressed with the help and support you all give and can't wait til I am smart enough to offer the same kind of help!

SW: 157.4

CW: 154.5

2.9 down, 19.5 to go

GW: 135

~~~****~~~

Paullet