Health Discovery Network
webblarsk

Hamburger Helper

Help............I am new to WW and the points. I have a question about the hamburger helpers. In my points book when it says HH prepared is that including the hamburger meat?

Starting Weight: 324

I would say yes, it does include the hamburger.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Thanks for the fast reply. I was assuming it included the hamburger meat. But I didn't want to take any chances and mess up. :)

I'd recommend using the points slider to calculate the HH separately, then calculate the hamburger separately... WW can't know which type of hamburger you're using. If you use extra-lean, that may reduce the points.

The food companion is a guide, but the slider... Learn to love the slider!!

Call me Tree (or Christie, but my pals usually go with Tree, even in 'real life')

5'5" Alright, fine, 5'4" and a half.

HW: 175ish

SW: 167.8

CW: 154.4

WWGW: 135? (Haven't set it yet)

PGW:127

I don't have the slider. I guess I will have to get that. Is there anywhere online I could get that?

You get it at the first meeting you attend.
I'm not going to the meetings. I am doing it from home. :)

If you order the WW At Home Kit, from http://www.weightwatchers.com, it should come with your kit.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

You also may be able to snag one on eBay!

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

Both ideas can be pretty pricey. I suggest going to one meeting (the registration is still free in my area) and paying the $10 weekly fee. Then you can get all of your supplies for about $15-20. You never have to go to another meeting, unless you like it and decide to stay. I've also heard of people just walking into one and purchasing the materials without staying for the meetings. You could always say something to the effect of " I just moved into the area and can't find my slider, Companion Books, etc. and just want to buy the materials". Just a suggestion...

HW 220

CW 134

GW 129

Guest Nosila0553

OR,

You can use this simple formula to get points:

(calories/50) + (fat/12) - (fibre*/5) = points

* max of 4g

On the subject of Ham Helper, we had the Beef Stroganoff this week made w/ ground turkey breast. VERY yummy and points friendly (I think it was about 7...I can check my journal and let you know for sure).

Jennifer

Total Loss to Date: 23

Goals (Total Loss):

25 pounds by 2/14/07 (Valentine's Day)

40 pounds by 4/8/07 (Easter)

50 pounds by 5/28/07 (Memorial Day)

65 pounds by 7/31/07 (My 30th Birthday!)

The suggestion about going to a meeting would work as that was what I did, I walked in at the end of a meeting picked up my supplies, paid for them and have been using them at home ever since then. :D I know some one will probably say that was wrong but sometimes with a tight budget you have to do what works best for you at the time. I felt losing the weight was what I needed but going to meetings just wasn't in the budget so I did what was right for me at the time. I found the slider, books and points calculator so I was off an running so to speak.

Another suggestion might be that if an "Buddy" online has an extra one they might be able to mail it to you, a buddy did this for me too so I have a slider to use at the grocery store plus one for home which is really great!

Good Luck in your new weight lost journey :)

Bearsfourme3

Starting over in 2013 CW 295 GW 170

Guest Radcliffe

I swear by my at-home kit. It cost a bit, but it was worth it and I'd be lost without it. You can also use the above-mentioned formula to figure out points though. When DH and I make HH we use Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef. It takes away a number of points and tastes just as good.

Laura

I just have to say I love the meetings!!! Call me weird. But I got alot out of them, it kept me accountable each week and i met new people. I also got recognized for my accomplshment. I love my lifetime key.

ALL FOR THE PRICE OF ONE "OUT MEAL". ($11.00)

CYNDIE