Health Discovery Network
Guest Rasha

ruffles lite potato chips & doritos

Guest Rasha

I've been hunting for some stuff to bring to parties that I think my friends will enjoy and not think of as "diet" food and I stumbled across these ruffles lite potato chips. They are fat free, 1 gram dietary fiber, 70 calories per serving (0 fat) which makes them about 1 point per serving, 6 points for the whole bag (not that you'd want to eat the whole bag in one sitting tho..) They taste like the real thing too (although maybe a bit less salty) They'll be great for some of the summer's bbqs and parties! The lite doritos are great too! They taste like the original (unliked the baked version) and are about 2 points per serving. Not bad if chips and such are something you have a hard time letting go of. The bag says there are lite tostitos too! I love chips and salsa so I'm going to have to hunt for those!

ooh just noticed, these do have olestra in them tho so please don't eat too many at one time or you're going to be paying for it later.

I agree. these are great. The Tostitos are great. Sometimes I treat myself to lunch with those and the refried beans dip, or the black bean & corn salsa. 15 big chips are 3 points. They are fab. I am a chip lover, so these are a godsend. IF I buy them, I bag them up individually right away, so as not to get carried away. Problem is, the kids love them too, and they are pricey. I also can't get them at my local little grocery, so they are like gold to me. :)

Beth

Start WW 8/22/02 ~ 214.2

Low 12/22/03 ~ 158

Recommited: 1/4/2011 - 220

Current ~ 217 :bcb_march

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

Maya Angelou

Guest psst-itsme

I like em!!!

If you have a Big Lots close, they have the WOW chips and several other WW friendly bags for 2.50. I bought some generic baked cheetos for .89 and its a BIG bag! Mighty tasty!

Guest Newliferva

Sounds great!! I too love chips. Now that they have the light dorritos what about some light fritos!!!!:) Yes! A godsend!

Katie

I have never had trouble with these chips but I do not bring them to parties or gatherings unless I am comfortable telling everyone that this product has Olestra in it.

There are alot of people that do have extreme reactions to this product, so unless you can let everyone know I wouldn't share them.

ql

You have to have a dream to have a dream come true

272/146

These are awsome....but can be quite costly...wonder why it costs more for FF items than regular....???

Misty

SW-274

CW-234.0

Total destroyed 40.0

~Proud member of The Buddy System~

-If you fail to plan, you plan to fail

Guest Rasha
I have never had trouble with these chips but I do not bring them to parties or gatherings unless I am comfortable telling everyone that this product has Olestra in it.

There are alot of people that do have extreme reactions to this product, so unless you can let everyone know I wouldn't share them.

ql

I would definitely mention it because I do know people have adverse reactions to them or i'd just bring them seperate for myself in a little bag or something so I can seem like im partaking while being OP at the same time :)

They are very good chips indeed. I tried them about a month ago, & I could'nt tell the difference.

So, I had my boyfriend try them to see what he thought & he was totally amazed. Was shocked to know that they were "light" chips.

This is part of my journey, glad to have you all with me, to keep me company along the ride...

For Christmas of 2004, my parents bought me pants that were a Size 18!

For this year they bought me Size 10!

Joined WW in Jan of 05 & made Lifetime in Aug of 05:strong: :) :D .

Guest Catrina

The Lays Light also come in a 4 pack single serv. The pre-price is $2.99 but if you live by a Giant Eagle they are $2.00 :) per box this week

The Lays Light also come in a 4 pack single serv. The pre-price is $2.99 but if you live by a Giant Eagle they are $2.00 :) per box this week

If you live near a Kroger, they are $1.49 this week! Awesome prices for these, I love em too!

~Wannabeahottie~ :kiss:

Guest Catrina

And here I thought I was getting a deal. I wish there were Krogers here where I live. Maybe if Walmart gets them in they will be cheaper yet.

I love the doritos.I like to eat them with salsa,,,,,,UM that sounds like a snack tonite,:headover::headover: