3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs

2 tablespoons water

1 egg white, lightly beaten

1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese

1/4 cup fat-free sour cream

4 (1-ounce) English muffins, toasted

4 lettuce leaves

4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato

Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; let cool. Combine onion, beef, breadcrumbs, water, and egg white in a large bowl; stir well. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping into 1/2-inch-thick patties. Spoon 1 tablespoon cheese into the center of 4 patties; top with remaining patties. Press edges together to seal.

Prepare grill. Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done.

Spread 1 tablespoon sour cream over top half of each muffin, and set aside. Line bottom halves of muffins with lettuce leaves; top each with a tomato slice, a patty, and top half of muffin.

NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES 327 (28% from fat); FAT 10.3g (sat 3.9g, mono 3.7g, poly 0.7g); PROTEIN 31.4g; CARB 25.1g; FIBER 1g; CHOL 75mg; IRON 3.8mg; SODIUM 391mg; CALC 116mg

Enjoy!

Christine

:D :D :D

208.2/169.5/144

SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Christine,

How were these? I love bleu cheese and am always looking for a way to use it. I'm out of bleu, bought Gorgonzola today at the grocery so I may try it with that and perhaps ground turkey. Lemme know!:)

~Lori

SW: 159.6

CW: 159 :bcb_yuck:

GW: 135

Where am I going...and why am I in this handbasket?

Christine, these sound so good,I will try them, I have a burger that is along the same lines as this, you make it the same way except you put american or cheddar cheese with a tablespoon of jalepenos in the center and they are delish too, try them,although you should probally leave off the jalepenos off the kids burgers. We enjoy them,

This sounds to die for!! DH and I had a favorite place that served a much less point friendly version of this, but it closed!

Now, I can have my low point burger and eat it too!! :crazy:

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!