Health Discovery Network
katyddidnt

Are corn tortillas core?

No, right? I saw them in some core recipes (not on this site) and got a little confused. I don't see them on the core lists anywhere....

Take Care,

Katy

No, tortillas or any breads are not core.

Maureen

235/186.2/155

Made Goal 1/26/05:crazy:

Made Lifetime 3/9/05:headover:

Getting healthy is hard but NOT impossible!!!:)

well......um....if you get the eziekel bread tortillas, and core in equals core out--these sprouted grain tortillas are CORE...they are filling and awesome! and i make a breakfast buritto using them....no flour or gluten...so, good for you--and fiber, fiber, fiber....the company name is food for life--and i have the large and small versions--the large is much bigger than a fajita size and its 150 calories, and the small is about 70. so, if you want to make mexican, i use these tortillas and they ROCK~!use soy cheese and nonfat sour cream and you are all set for a core meal.

the real world is bizarre enough for me...blue oyster cult :headover:

best of luck to slow losers, fast losers, we are all losers--and this is the only place where thats ok!

I'm with Luv2Lose on this one, Oystergurl! :p :D

They sound great, and healthy, but I'd use your WAPs to count them!

No bread or tortillas are no-count~ :bcbsalute

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest sodacracker

I bought these too and decided to count them because I could tell that I found it way too easy to eat more than one daily stuffed with more filling then I would have eaten if I ate the filling on its own. I guess my brain thought the wrap was a "portion" and it had to all be eaten, lol.

However, I know all the ingredients in Ezekial are Core and as I am a core in = core out thinker I leave it to the individual's discretion to figure out if they can use these or not. I eat Core scones, baked oatmeal and Core muffins which I can manage without overeating.

The CFC does not list Ezekial products under tortillas and as they are a flour free product ( unlike the wheat and corn tortillas) I think that if I sprouted grains, ground them up, and baked them I would count that as Core. Ezekial products are based on ancient recipes and are made with organic sprouted grains and water. Very basic and delicious.

Interesting point but my take on it is this. I switched to CORE so that I would control my 'breads' and flours. I have such issues in that area.

If I didn't count them as non-core food, I would be back in the same boat of just hunting for foods that are 'technically' with the program whether it is CORE plan or FLEX plan. So, for me, I would have to count them as non-core and count the points.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/

original starting weight 270

returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

I think the Core (ingredients) + Core (ingredients) = Core (product) has to do with personal cooking and baking.

I don't think it has to do with determining whether a commercial product is Core; only the Core food list can tell you that.

But, I agree with Sodacracker. If you take all Core ingredients, and smash (not "grind" ;) ) and sprout and mix and cook an Ezekiel-like food, I'd eat it and call it Core~ :bcbsalute :D

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest sodacracker

I guess if I was using up all my WPA's then it would be a sign that I was l eating a lot of non Core food and probably should count those ezekial tortillas (especially if my weight loss stopped).

Overall, I do not tweak much as there is opportunity for variety on Core. I think the tweaks I make are things like counting all veggie burgers as Core even if they are not listed in the CFC. My reasoning is, for example, that I rarely eat beef and those that do might eat a 6 oz steak and that counts for free on Core or 9 points on Flex. If I find a veggie burger that I like and it works out to 4 - 6 points on Flex, and has a decent amount of protein, then I consider it a fair substitute for meat and do not count it as WPA's.

Overall my goal is to make Core a liveable program to maintain for life and as long as my weight levels out within the healthy BMI range than I know I am on the right track. :D

Guest sodacracker
If you take all Core ingredients, and smash (not "grind" ;) ) and sprout and mix and cook an Ezekiel-like food, I'd eat it and call it Core~ :bcbsalute :D

lol, that's right, your can't really grind sprouts, you kind of run them through a coarse meat grinder to mush them up together, but since they have sprouted you are actually mashing up a plant to a paste, and then baking it in a flat patty shape to dry it out. Too much work for me! So on occasion I appreciate Ezekial products. For a party I sometimes spread ff cream cheese, roasted red peppers on them and roll them up and slice for an appetizer.