Health Discovery Network
Guest OnePlusTwins

Difference between programs...

Guest OnePlusTwins

What is difference between 123 success, winning pts, flex points, and core?

I've done them all except for Core. Unfortunately I don't remember much about the 1-2-3 Success program. The winning points program gave you a points range based on your weight and allowed you to 'bank' up to 5 uneaten points a day to be used any time during that week. With the Flex plan they have replaced the points range with a set number and given everyone 35 extra points to use or not use however they like during each week. Nothing is carried over. Also with Flex we get Activity Points which are to be used on the day they are earned. Core also gets the 35 points, and the AP's, but instead of pointing everything that is eaten, there is a specific list of foods that is allowed to be eaten until you feel full - but if you want to eat something that isn't on the Core list, the 35 points are there to allow it.

~Kristi~

123 Success was the first points program... It used ranges like Winning Points (its successor) but the ranges were 2 points higher and it had no fiber cap (which led to people abusing fiber by artificially adding it to foods that didn't have any so they "lower" the points... imagine "0" point Hagen Daas).

It also allowed banking of any unused points above your daily minium to use later during the week and allowed banking of Activity Points (also in Winning Points).

Joanna :headover:

Ya-Ya Name ~Princess Sparrow Hawk ~

Recommitted 2-13-04 ~ Lifetime since 9-11-90

Heaviest weight ~ 135.6 ~ Recommit weight ~ 135.6 (2-13-04)

Current weight ~ 120.9 (8-27-04)

WW goal ~ 105, My goal ~ 99 :goal: (my weight when I made lifetime - I'm 4' 11" tall!!) :D

~~~ "Nothing's forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten." ~~~ Robin of Sherwood

1-2-3 Success -- ranges were 7 Points wide, no fiber cap, 1 AP for each 20 min. exercise after the first 20 min., all unused Points above minimum can be banked, up to 10 banked Points can be used in one day

Winning Points - ranges were 5 Points wide (lopped 2 pt. off the top of all the ranges), 4 g. fiber cap, current AP system introduced, same banking rules

Flex Points -- ranges replaced by Target 2 pt. higher than old minimum, 35 Flex Points per week replaces the rest of the range and all "banking" rules (net: added 2 pt. per day at each weight range, effectively restoring the top of the 1-2-3 Success ranges and raising the minimums), current AP system still used except AP must now be used the day they're earned

TurnAround -- Flex side same as Flex Points but with 2 healthy oils added to "8 habits." Core introduced, most eating is from food lists with no counting, 35 Flex Points for non-CORE foods. Current AP system applies to either eating system, APs must be used the day they're earned.

HTH!

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie