Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

Cream Of Wheat PUDDING: Core

This is simple, delicious, and filling!

Cream of Wheat Pudding (Core)

POINTS® value | 4

Servings | 1

breakfast | This recipe is Core; only count points if on the Flex plan. It's breakfast or a dessert - you decide. Optional: top with fresh or thawed frozen fruit (no sugar) or chocolate/butterscotch chips (count WPA/APs). . . .

Ingredients

3 Tbsp Nabisco Cream Of Wheat, 2 1/2 Minute

1 cup fat-free skim milk

1 egg

1 packet McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA ® No Calorie Sweetener

1 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions

1. Spray small saucepan with cooking spray, add milk and heat until just about boiling. Be careful as it will burn and stick to the bottom of the pan.

2. Add cream of wheat and stir with a whisk for about 2 minutes.

3. In a small separate bowl combine egg, vanilla, and splenda.

4. Stirring rapidly to avoid "scrambled egg effect," add the egg mixture to the cream of wheat and cook for 1 minute longer or until thickened to your liking, and long enough for the egg to cook.

Note: I use the long-cooking Cream Of Wheat...it turns out fine. I cook mine in the microwave...no problem~ :) :bcbsalute

***Edit: This is a Weight Watcher's recipe, but Joanne says, by her calculations, this recipe is 6 points. Also, Sodacracker mentions that it's not necessary to use the milk if you don't need it. TRUE. I've made it with water, and it's great. That way you'd lose 2 points.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Thanks Carol !! Always on the lookout for more great CORE recipes. Can't wait to try this. Does it come out kind of like a custard? We'll see. Maybe add a little nutmeg?

~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *

(last updated - 03/25/07

CW: 185

Goal: 140

Yes. Tastes egg-y like custard. I think I'LL sprinkle nutmeg on top next time!

GOOD idea~ :)

Also, fructose is CORE. I bought some and want to try "sweetening" something, so I'll use it instead of Splenda next time. Fructose has the same amount of calories as sugar (1 TBS. = 1 pt.) but for some reason...it's Core! :confused:

Let me know if you like it, Judy. It seems like it should be like tapioca, but the Cream Of Wheat is so soft it really doesn't turn out that way~ :)

I like that it's a great way to get protein.

Thanks Carol, I'll let you knowl. BTW - didn't I see somewhere where there was going to be a CORE only group forming? Hard Core Babes or something to that effect???

~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *

(last updated - 03/25/07

Guest DreamWalker

We have arrived... We are HardCORE Hotties and you can find us under the BCB Buddy System support area. Come on by!

Yes, Judy~ Dreamwalker's right~ :)

I've also PM'd Momma25 to see if we could get a Core Forum that could be all-about-Core. I think it would be easier for Core people to find us! She's looking into it~ :bcbsalute

Thanks Carol and Lauren -- this is just what I've been hoping for!! I'll be checking it out tonight.

~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *

(last updated - 03/25/07

Guest sodacracker

I made this last night as a bedtime mini meal ( supper had been a plate of fresh fruit and veggies because it was so hot here :rolleyes:, and I was hungry by bedtime).

This was very tasty and extremely filling because of the combo of dairy, grain and protein. I used fructose as a weetener and added some fresh blueberries on top and will add this to my list of quick and easy meals. byw, I only had the 8 minute cream of wheat and that worked fine.

I like it warm OR cold~

It is sooo filling. And quite good~ I'll have to add some fresh fruit on top. I've always just enjoyed it plain~ :) :bcbsalute

Bumpin' it up!

Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:

No more back fat!

More E-N-E-R-G-Y!

Buying stylish, not oversized clothes

Packing smaller clothes

Living long enough to see my grandchildren grow up

Having a stable wardrobe

Ability to handle cravings

The END of binging!

A healthier me!

Bumping up for a Buddy~

This is Comfort Food! Top with fresh fruit, or a fruit puree if you want to be "fancy" (or make a layered parfait?).

This is stick-to-your-ribs food. :bcbsalute

I am going to try this tonight after I get home from AquaFit. Although I eat a well rounded dinner about 6p.m. every night, by the time I get home after 9 from an hour of water aerobics I am, not famished but know my body needs something other than water. Because it's so late at night I hesitate to eat anything "filling". This sounds like the perfect bedtime snack.

Thank you ..... again Corebies. :)

Sunni

"Don't wail on the scale if you cheat when you eat."

300.0/292.2/185

I'm walking for cancer in the Relay for Life

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=211542&lis=0&kntae211542=91EAE14311B7403CA543E9A661537D16

I made Cream of Wheat Pudding this morning. Yummy! After putting the milk on to scald, I discovered that I was out of Cream of Wheat--I only had instant, which to me has a stronger "wheat" flavor than the kind you cook. I used it anyway and the pudding turned out fine, but I don't have anything to compare it to. I'm anxious to try it again using cooked Cream of Wheat.

I tried two tweaks.

1) I'm not a big Splenda fan, so I whisked the egg/vanilla mix into the pan WITHOUT the Splenda. Instead, I added two packets of Equal to the cooked pudding once it had cooled a little. I also felt the pudding needed a sprinkle of salt.

2) I whisked 2 tsps. cocoa powder into the cooked pudding to make chocolate pudding. You might need to add an extra packet of sweetener, depending on your taste preference.

Kim

Lifetime Member

SW 164

GW 139

CW 135

I just started Core yesterday and was worried that I was facing scrambled eggs every morning for breakfast. I made this this morning......and it is deliciousssssssssss........and it didn't take forever to make!

Thank-you for sharing, I'm going to be eating this many, many mornings!!!

~Stephanie~

~~Stephanie ;)

178.6 SW/158.2 CW/140 GW (I hit the 20 lb. mark!!!)

~~It's better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly.~~

My DH is not a cream of wheat fan, but he loved this recipe.

I make it using soy milk and carmel flavored Da Vinci syrup. I also spread Hallam's Cherry Spread over the top. Yum Yum! Hallam's Cherry Spread is made without sugar and is only 10 calories per tablespoon. :jump_jack It tastes so good and filling, it's hard to believe that it's healthy.

Thanks Carol for posting this recipe. I started Core on Sep 1, 2005 and have lost 26 pounds so far. I will continue to eat this way even after I attain goal.

Momster :crazy:

Kim~ Great idea! I'll have to try the Chocolate, too~ :bcbsalute

Momster~ I've eaten Core maintenance for 1 year and 1 month now. It's the on-ly way to go! :D :bcbsalute For me, that is~ :kiss:

I absolutely loved this. Gave my mom the recipe right away. I added a single serving cup of pineapple (I drain it and rinse with water) and it was awesome. Kept me so satisfied all morning!! Thanks so much. Have to try the cocoa powder next!

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Guest AlissaDe

Saved! Gonna try this tomorrow.:)

I just made this and it was pretty good. I think I might add a bit more Davinci next time. I used eggbeaters and it still tasted a bit "eggy" to me. It was suprisingly filling.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189