Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

Cream Of Wheat PUDDING: Core

Thanks for bumping this up, Joanne. I keep meaning to give it a try. Have to remember to buy Cream of Wheat! :)

~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *

(last updated - 03/25/07

CW: 185

Goal: 140

Ooh, I made this today with Torani Almond Roca syrup and left out the vanilla. It was sooo good. I used about 3 tbs of syrup with my egg beaters.

I want to try all kinds of different syrup flavors with this. It's a great breakfast for a cold, rainy, gloomy day here.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I'm home this Saturday morning and I'm finally going to get around to making this. Can hardly wait after reading all the rave reviews. I think I will go ahead and add some cinnamon and nutmeg. I'll let you all know how it comes out!

Well I gave it a try and I'll give this one a 2 thumbs up. I did add the cinnamon and nutmeg. And (for my taste) had to add a little more splenda sprinkled on top after it had cooked. And also poured a little FF Evaporated Milk on top. It was really, really good. Comfort food, for sure, and very easy to make. Now I need to wash my dishes. . .

~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *

(last updated - 03/25/07

CW: 185

Goal: 140

This is an excellent recipe! Sometimes I make a big batch and then take some with me in a small cup for lunch during the week. It is very filling.

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

I love adding brown sugar splenda and cinnamon to it! Also, I make it with milk and and a tablespoon or two of Hallam's Cherry Spread on top just before eating - makes it taste like dessert! :headover: Caramel SF/FF Da Vinci Syrup is also delish!

Momster :crazy:

Just a note that if you do FLEX, it looks there may be an error in the recipe builder on this one and it's actually 6 points as written:

3 tbs of dry Cream of Wheat is 120 calories 0 fat 1 fiber, 1 cup skim milk is 80 calories 0 fat 0 fiber and and egg is 75 calories 5 fat 0 fiber

That totals 272 calories 5 fat 1 fiber which comes out to 6 on my slider.

Sal figured out that the recipe builder must be using 3 TBS of COOKED Cream of Wheat instead of dry.

The good news is if you use 1/4 cup eggbeaters or 2 eggwhites it's is still only 4 points. But the extra calories and fat in the egg yolk bump it up to 6 based on total nutritional info for the recipe.

Just another reminder that it's always good to double check the points on any recipe regardless of the source.

Joanne

Guest sodacracker

If I need the dairy I use the milk, but it also works fine using water instead of milk and that saves 2 points if you are on Flex. :)

Just a note that if you do FLEX, it looks there may be an error in the recipe builder on this one and it's actually 6 points as written:

3 tbs of dry Cream of Wheat is 120 calories 0 fat 1 fiber, 1 cup skim milk is 80 calories 0 fat 0 fiber and and egg is 75 calories 5 fat 0 fiber

That totals 272 calories 5 fat 1 fiber which comes out to 6 on my slider.

Sal figured out that the recipe builder must be using 3 TBS of COOKED Cream of Wheat instead of dry.

The good news is if you use 1/4 cup eggbeaters or 2 eggwhites it's is still only 4 points. But the extra calories and fat in the egg yolk bump it up to 6 based on total nutritional info for the recipe.

Just another reminder that it's always good to double check the points on any recipe regardless of the source.

Even if the source is an "official" Weight Watcher's recipe?! ;) :p :bcbsalute

You'd think they'd get it right, wouldn't you?...

I edited the recipe with Joanne's comments, and Soda's. I, too, have made it without the milk and it tasted great. That would save a person 2 points right there! :)

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Even if the source is an "official" Weight Watcher's recipe?! ;) :p :bcbsalute

Don't get me started. Remember the eggplant recipe incident? :p

I'll stick with my eggbeaters and milk. I like this as a different way to get a dairy serving.

Joanne

Joanne,

I remember reading in a post somewhere that you microwave this instead of using the stove. Is that right? If so, how long do you cook it for and do you do anything different because it's cooked in the microwave?

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

Actually, I think it's Carol that microwaves it. I make it on the stove in advance then heat it up at work.

Joanne

I just had this with White Chocolate Davinci! Out of this world! More like dessert than breakfast! I still need to try this with grits.

Joanne

Joanne,

I remember reading in a post somewhere that you microwave this instead of using the stove. Is that right? If so, how long do you cook it for and do you do anything different because it's cooked in the microwave?

Firechick~ I just use the microwave directions that are on the Cream Of Wheat box. If you don't have the box, tell me and I'll write the directions for you~ :) :bcbsalute

Thanks! I have the box. I'll have to look again. I just mixed all the ingredients together then threw it in the microwave. I microwaved it for quite some time, I remember, because I wanted it to be alot firmer than it was. It never did firm up, so maybe I was doing something wrong. I never even looked at the box.

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

Follow the directions for making Cream Of Wheat on the box...then stir in the egg! :) (It probably says that on the first page of this thread, but I haven't looked lately).

This is a wonderful recipe! I tried this today for the first time using vanilla, almond extract and some blueberries... yum.. and it makes a huge amount. I did it in the microwave in fear of burning it and it worked out wonderfully. As I was stirring the berries into it dh came along and wanted to try it.. he loved it as well. I'm wondering how well this works out reheating. This would be great for me to make for the work week, take with me to the office.

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Thanks Joanne! I think I'll make a couple of batches up today to have this week for breakfast.... or dessert.. whichever..lol

~~ Lara ~~

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

i added a dash of pumpkin pie spice when i made this today --- mmmm it was creamy and delicious! thanks for the recipe

Susan

179/1169/120

absolutely great, I put some blackberries and blueberries on top, had for breakfast, a nice change! thanks so much

sw: 248

cw:195

gw:140

I made a variation of this tonight that was wonderful so I thought I'd share...

1C water

1/4C Bear Mush (like cream of wheat, it's made from red wheat, but the same concept)

2T egg beaters

1/4t vanilla extract

2pkts hazelnut splenda

Soy Milk

Mix water and cream of wheat, cook on high in the microwave for 3 minutes or until thick, stirring halfway through. Mix in egg beaters, vanilla and splenda, microwave for another minute. Top with a little ff milk or soy milk and and enjoy.

My husband kept asking for bites of this, he wanted to know how well it would reheat for him to have throughout the week for breakfast.

~~ Lara ~~

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Microwave--------Do you cook it again after you add the egg? Or is it already hot enough to cook the egg?

Can't wait to try this!

Teg

Teg

Yes, you cook it after adding the egg. I cooked it for 1 minute.

~~ Lara ~~

Live, Live Live!

weight.png