Health Discovery Network
MRSchultz

New to the Firm...

I have been on WW for a while now and have lost approximately 10 pounds. I "used" to be a big exerciser, but have been so busy that I haven't had time. So, I decided that I need to get back into it for my own stress level for one. I LOVE to exercise, anything at all. I decided to borrow three FIRM tapes from a co-worker and see if the "See results in 10 workouts or less" would happen for me. :)

What results have any of you had? How many times a week do you do the FIRM tapes?

Thanks for any ideas and/or results that you may have had.

~Marcia~

187(start)/187(now)/150WW/135P<br /><br />Be Smart, Do It For YOURSELF!

Welcome! I have definitely seen results with the FIRM. Check out the FIRMies thread in this forum...lots of good information to be found from other FIRM users! :bcbsalute

Suzie :salut

Welcome! I've had good results with the Firm. I started out with an aerobics step and small weights.

Which workouts do you have? Do you have an aerobics step or did you borrow a Fanny Lifter? Almost all the workouts call for a step of some sort.

We'll all be happy to suggest a routine for you. Generally you start out by doing a workout every other day (2-3x/week) and work up from there. You add weights when you feel ready. Feel free to join the FIRMies thread!

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

I love the results I've seen with the FIRM. I've got a lot more muscle definition and I'm much stronger. :strong: I really enjoy the Body Sculpting Systems (1-4) more than the older firms. I have found I have to eat more when I'm FIRMing (awww, poor me ;) ) I FIRM at least 5 days a week and have been averaging 28-30 points a day and still losing about a pound a week. I started FIRMing in January (trying to lose the holiday poundage) and didn't start to see real losses until March when I started increasing my points and making sure I was eating enough protein and fat.

On the FIRM boards they warn that sometimes you can initially gain or not lose do to the water retained by muscle repair which makes it difficult for many WW to stay motivated and with both programs. But it is definitely worth the effort to me. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and you join us on the FIRMie Check In.

For some major motivation check out our BCB buddy dimpledn at http://www.freewebs.com/dimpledn/

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I have seen a tightening in the back of my waste, my shoulders and arms are much more defined and I love to feel that strong muscle where my tush and leg meet. I still have lots of weight to lose but what I just mentioned are happening today so it really keeps me motivated. They are so worth the effort.

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12