Health Discovery Network
deb301

Diet Coke w/ Splenda

I finally found some singles in a cold case at a gas station and a grocery store. Still haven't found a 6 pak or case. Very good.

Debbie

SW 193/CW 130/G 132<br />OP since 3/1/01<br />Lifetime 2/22/02<br /><br />"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

I tried this at work. It was pretty good. I haven't looked for it in the store yet.

Starting over: 06/12/07

Goal Wt: 180

How I feel is within my control!!!

weight.png

[/url]

I bought some Diet Coke with Splenda just the other day. I have'nt tried it yet though.

My favorite is Diet Coke with Lime. That's worth trying if you have'nt yet.

This is part of my journey, glad to have you all with me, to keep me company along the ride...

For Christmas of 2004, my parents bought me pants that were a Size 18!

For this year they bought me Size 10!

Joined WW in Jan of 05 & made Lifetime in Aug of 05:strong: :) :D .

Guest psst-itsme

I have tried the diet pepsi with splenda.. still have it. I didnt like it. I am curious to know about the coke.

I really like the Diet Coke with Splenda. To me, it tastes less "diety!".

Linette

Lifetime: 2/9/06

SW: 187

GW: 150 I got down to 142 at my lowest weight...

Re-dedicating myself as of 01/04/11 NewSW:190

CW: 173.0 (-17.) WOOT!!! (08/01/2011)

Proud mommy to Kiley Alyssa 6/25/03 and Marisa Gail 2/20/08

Guest Momma Bird

It was good...but tasted a little too much like regular coke. I have gotten used to the less sweet taste of diet. My favorite is diet coke with lime, too! I would recommend the new coke with splenda it if you like the sweetness of regular coke.

I want to try this so badly and can't find it anywhere! Does anyone from MD know where I can find it?

:D Viscountess Horny Toad :D

4/26/05: 310.6 lbs

5/03/05: 307.6 lbs

5/10/05: 308.8 lbs :embarrass

5/19/05: 308.4

..:exercise:

..:work_out:

7/05/05: 279.5 lbs 10% GOAL!

"Do...or do not. there is no 'try.'" -Yoda

I like it!!! Diet Lime Coke is my favorite too but it's become hard to find except in 12 pack cans & 2 liters. Funny thing is I don't like regular Coke or regular Diet Coke. LOL

Well, if I were to imagine what Lemon Pledge would taste like, that's what Diet Coke with Splenda tastes like to me.

Needless to say, I didn't care for it too much. Then again, I didn't rave about diet drinks when they first came out and now prefer them more than regular so perhaps there's room for change.

GTF

SW: 204.6 Highest ever :mad:

CW: 186.5 Thank Goodness:bcb_up

10%:183.6 Fantastic :bcb_happy

GW: 155 Excellent!

In regard to losing: Every ounce counts!

Guest tickerchick

I found this at Target and gave it a try.

Wasn't bad. It tasted a bit more like real Coke to me.

My daughters both liked it.

I mentioned before the Diet Jones soda at Target too. If you like the strong flavor of Jones, it's a hit.

I agree that it taste more like real coke,I really like it, I have not found it in six pks yet either but have bought it out of a cooler at the store,Hey ticker buddy,I like your pix, on your avator, Arena

It did taste more like real coke and THAT"S why I didn't like it. Now I have 3 bottles to contend with! Oh well....

5'2" SW-144.0 CW-136 GW-129.0

Guest TexasT

Is there a caffiene free version?

I applaud the soda companies for trying to get away from the aspartame, but I wasn't crazy about diet Coke with Splenda. To me, it was too sweet, just like the regular Coke. I'm a fan of diet Coke and diet Coke with lime (although I'm always tempted to spike it with a little rum :D . I don't care for diet Coke with lemon. As a previous poster said, it tastes the way you would imagine lemon Pledge would taste.

Right at this moment, I'm trying a diet Pepsi with lime. It pretty much tastes like diet Pepsi to me. The lime flavor is very subtle. I generally prefer diet Coke over diet Pepsi anyway.

If you are concerned about aspartame, diet Rite sodas are made with Splenda. While I'm not a fan of their cola flavor, I love the diet tangerine.

Jen

~Jennifer~

HW: 320.8

SW: 284.5

CW: 284.5

GW: 150

If you remember TAB , this taste like that to me... ICK:) JMHO

"When we go back to the Old way of eating ,

we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown

Dawn

I found a case of it at Target last night and picked one up. I love it, and plan to keep drinking it as long as it's around which I hope is a long time. To me it tastes like when I used to go to McDonalds, I'd put a shot of regular coke in the bottom of the cup and top off with diet to have a 3/4 diet coke, which to me tastes perfect.

:D Viscountess Horny Toad :D

4/26/05: 310.6 lbs

5/03/05: 307.6 lbs

5/10/05: 308.8 lbs :embarrass

5/19/05: 308.4

..:exercise:

..:work_out:

7/05/05: 279.5 lbs 10% GOAL!

"Do...or do not. there is no 'try.'" -Yoda

Darkesnow -- that sounds great, I never tried that.

now I can't wait to try the diet coke with splenda -- I didn't know it existed, but on Sunday it was in the supermarket, on sale 99 cents a 2-liter. I didn't look around for 6packs, just bought one. Haven't tried it yet tho (I'm in the Boston area and found it at Stop n' Shop / Shaws)

-Sheeri

weigh-ins Monday Evening

as of 5/21/05: 156.8

5'4"

187.6/156.8/142.0/135.0

SW/CW/WWGW/GW

Guest BluSpringsGal

If you remember TAB , this taste like that to me... ICK:) JMHO

Now I know what diet Coke with Splenda tastes like. I bought 6 bottles and didn't like at all. Just couldn't put my finger on what that taste was and it was Tab.

I'm a Coke gal and never drink Pepsi. Haven't had a "real" Coke for years. I know the aspartame isn't supposed to be good for you in large quantities, but I only have one diet Coke a day. Really like the lime. Didn't like the lemon at all. Haven't seen it lately so it must be off the market.

Guest irish*rose

I like it a little better than reg. diet, but it does still taste like diet to me. I think the reason it is going to be hard to find for a while is because it is new. People are more likely to try it if it is sold in a single can or bottle. If it becomes popular then it will come out in cases.

I am not much of a diet coke drinker, but I really like the diet coke with splenda i just bought a case last night at walmart $2.86 a case. It's now my drink of choice.:)

hw:324

sw:314.6 (this time)

1st goal:285

mini goal: 300

current 312.6

:work_out: :walking: :water1:

Guest myfoursonsks

I think diet coke with Splenda is great. It doesn't leave that aftertaste that regular diet coke has. Iam not sure why someone thought it tasted like lemon pledge, it doesn't have any lemon in it???

Guest Crusadecat

i really don't taste much difference between the two but my wife has asked me nicely not to buy it anymore as she prefers traditional diet coke. The one i really didn't like was that thing that was supposed to be in between coke and diet coke i forget what it was.

I just tried it this week. I'm not a Diet Coke fan. I really LOVE regular Coke. It has been one of the toughest things to give up. I don't think the Coke with Splenda tastes exactly like regular Coke but I personally like it better than Diet. Now I'm hoping for a caffeine free version! I don't think it tastes lemony either.

Kristin:headover:

Joined 5/12/05

SW 209.4

CW 168.4

WW Goal 160

Personal Goal 150

I will run a mile before my next birthday:work_out:Scratch that-I will do it before Halloween!!

Haha! I ran 1.25 miles continuously 9/29/05!!!! Wahooo!:race:

I am a huge Classic Coke fan. I tried Diet Coke with Splenda a couple of days ago, and was unimpressed. To me, it tastes a bit better than "regular" Diet Coke - but not much! I was disappointed, as some people have said it tastes a lot like Classic Coke.

Annie

Back OP since 4/23/05 - 12.2 lbs lost