Health Discovery Network
Guest Parham91x2

THE best salad!! (fast food)

Guest Parham91x2

I got the Medeteranean salad at Wendys today because it was the only one they had and it was soooooooo good!!

It has tons of chicken breast, romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, cucumber and feta cheese all for 6.5 points and it was HUGE!!

They also give you a packet of honey roasted pecans which will add another 3.5 if you use it. The dressing is another 4 points.

The salad alone would be very satisfying and you could use your own dressing. I used all of it since I had alot of points to burn and it was yuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmy!!

Guest Weight2go

I had it today, and I loved it. But how did you figure out the points? I went to the Wendy's site and they didn't have it!!

Guest Parham91x2
I had it today, and I loved it. But how did you figure out the points? I went to the Wendy's site and they didn't have it!!

I found it at Dotties (http://www.dwlz.com). She has all the points for the salad individually so you can add or take off what you don't want to lower the points..dressing, pecans etc..

Chris,

I LOVED this salad, too! It was so yummy!

I found the nutritional data on Wendy's website.....

YUM!

Christine :D

208.2/169.5/144

SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Guest Weight2go
I found it at Dotties (www.dwlz.com). She has all the points for the salad individually so you can add or take off what you don't want to lower the points..dressing, pecans etc..

Now why didn't I think of looking at Dottie's site? I don't know :confused:

I had estimated it at 7 pts anyway, so I was close. It wasn't on the Wendys site when I looked last night. I'll check again.

I know what I'm getting for lunch tomorrow now!! I'll probably use my own FF dressing though.

Lele

Lifetime since July '06

SW: 193.4/ WWGW: 132 / CW: 120.2 1/4/10)

Weight loss is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but the results are beyond rewarding.

I'll have to check that salad out, it sounds wonderful. I love the one from McDonald's. That one is called the grilled chicken bacon ranch. With the dressing they give you, it's only 6 points for the whole thing.

This is part of my journey, glad to have you all with me, to keep me company along the ride...

For Christmas of 2004, my parents bought me pants that were a Size 18!

For this year they bought me Size 10!

Joined WW in Jan of 05 & made Lifetime in Aug of 05:strong: :) :D .

Isn't it good? I've had the Mediterranean Salad several times and really like it.

:bcbsalute

- 17 Pounds

What kind of dressing are you getting for the McDs Grilled Chix Bacon Ranch? With the regular ranch I come up w/ 10 points...???

Jennifer

Total Loss to Date: 23

Goals (Total Loss):

25 pounds by 2/14/07 (Valentine's Day)

40 pounds by 4/8/07 (Easter)

50 pounds by 5/28/07 (Memorial Day)

65 pounds by 7/31/07 (My 30th Birthday!)

Hi There-

Sorry I did'nt answer sooner.

With the McDonald's Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad, I get the Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing. The salad is 5 points & 1 packet of dressing is 1 point. Plus. I don't even use half the dressing. They have other salads as well, but they are in my book, to high of point values.

Hope this helps.

What salads were you looking at?

This is part of my journey, glad to have you all with me, to keep me company along the ride...

For Christmas of 2004, my parents bought me pants that were a Size 18!

For this year they bought me Size 10!

Joined WW in Jan of 05 & made Lifetime in Aug of 05:strong: :) :D .

I was looking at the McDonalds website. According to their nutritional info, the Grilled Chix Bacon Ranch Salad is 250 cal, 9g fat, 3g fiber=5 points and the ranch dressing packet is 170 cal, 15g fat, 0g fiber=5 points. The balsamic ving. would definitely work though! Thanks!

Jennifer

Total Loss to Date: 23

Goals (Total Loss):

25 pounds by 2/14/07 (Valentine's Day)

40 pounds by 4/8/07 (Easter)

50 pounds by 5/28/07 (Memorial Day)

65 pounds by 7/31/07 (My 30th Birthday!)

Guest Weight2go

I discovered the McDonalds Fruit and Walnut Salad!! I think I'm instantly addicted. It was soooooo goood, and only 6 pts. Less if you leave off the walnuts, but that's the best part as far as I'm concerned.

Guest tickerchick

This salad rocks!!!

I loved it. Very flavorful and satisfying.

My fave at Mickey D's is the grilled California Cobb salad with Balsamic Viniagrette. YUM!

Guest MoreOrLess

I had the Mediterranean today & it was yummy! But I'm with Weight2Go....my absolute favorite is the fruit & walnut salad at McDonald's. It's really delicious....I adore getting to eat candied walnuts. Plus I'm already a grape addict & the apples taste fabulous dipped the yogurt. Highly recommended at 6 points!