Health Discovery Network
angelofjoy1

Chicken Points

Is chicken heavier when it's raw? I notice that the points for chicken are for cooked chicken. However, how do you know how many ounces chicken will be once it's cooked. For instance, my recipe calls for 4 4oz chicken breasts. I weighed my chicken and the breasts are 6 ozs raw. Will they cook down or should I cut them into 4 oz pieces before cooking? Please help! Thanks!

Angela

SW-200

CW-180

GW-135

When I cook my chicken, I weigh it after I cook it. I have been doing that since I started the program & have had no problems doing it that way.

This is part of my journey, glad to have you all with me, to keep me company along the ride...

For Christmas of 2004, my parents bought me pants that were a Size 18!

For this year they bought me Size 10!

Joined WW in Jan of 05 & made Lifetime in Aug of 05:strong: :) :D .

If you add something to it, like breading, you would need to add the points for that. In that case I would weigh the chicken first. And yes, raw chicken weighs slightly more than cooked chicken. I'm sure you can get the information someplace like calorieking.com.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

My understanding from ww, is raw chix 6oz, equals 4oz, cooked. You loose 2 2oz's during cookingEileen:wave: