Health Discovery Network
Guest purefantase

Question bout Bocca Burgers

Guest purefantase

I have tried Schneiders meatless burgers and sorry but Ewwwwwwww I was wondering how the bocca burgers are. do they still taste like cardboard lol?

Nicole

Don't know about Boca Burgers, but I like the MorningStar Farms soy burgers.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Hi Nicole,

Boca burgers are generally not my favorite - but.....

I have found a way to fix them that I like. I Pam fry them til they are kind of brown. Then put catsup on top and fried eggs with FF cheese on top of that.

It probably sounds weird, but it really sticks with me.

Anyway, to answer your questions, I think I could eat them like that as a sandwich too. Something about cooking them a bit more makes them better for me.

Diane

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Guest Tiffy_Sugar

I personaly like Bocca Burgers. They are kinda icky plain, but if you just add some spices (garlic salt, pepper, chili powder, and onion powder is my combo) they don't really taste any different then a normal lean burger.

Boca Burgers Are Yummy !!! Flame Grilled Is The One's To Get.

My Family Loves Them. Even My Husband

I've Tried Other Brands Yuck! Try The Flamed Grilled.

Cyndie

I think the veggie burgers (like Gardenburgers) are way more tasty than the soy ones (like Boca). But I keep hearing people say really good things about Morningstar Farms fake meat products (corn dogs, spicy chicken patties, etc.), and I think they're soy. :confused: Go figure! All I can say for sure is that I like Gardenburgers a lot.

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

I used to love boca burgers, however, for some reason I no longer do. I really like their "chicken" patties though, very tasty on the grill with a slice of cheese..mmmm :) Also,just tried their breakfast sausage, put it in some egg beater scramble with some veggies, LOVED it and I hate regular sausage :)

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

I love the boca burgers flame grilled. They taste just like hamburgers, and only 2 pts. The vegan boca brugers are only 1 pt, but not as good.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

I like the Boca products, mainly the Flame Grilled, the cheeseburger (less dry than the Flame Grilled), and the original Vegan. The vegan is the more "fake" tasting of the three, but a lot of the time it's all I can find in the stores.

I'm interested in trying some homemade chili with the Boca ground.

Roger

Starting: 206 (7/10/07)

Current: 206 (as of 7/10/07)

Goal: 185

Guest Me4Me

I like the Boca Burgers. The only flavor I have tried is the Roasted Onion and I thought it was really tasty. I also love their breakfast patties. You can make a mean low point breakfast sandwhich out of those. But I haven't tried any other brands so I can't really tell you how Boca compares to anything else out there. Mmmmm, I'm gonna have to check and see if I can find some on sale now. :)

Arlene,

I checked Morningstar Farms website and can't find anything on those riblets you mentioned in your post. Are you sure they are MF brand? I'd love to find those.

Roger

Starting: 206 (7/10/07)

Current: 206 (as of 7/10/07)

Goal: 185

I like all the Boca burgers and buy the vegan one frequently...

I cook mine on the panini grill (you could Foreman it!) I add a thick slice of onion to the top of it sometimes.. Eat it with cheese on a 1 point bun with ALL the toppings...

One night after a fast paced bike ride, I was extra hungry, so I made a Double Boca Cheeseburger.... Burger King can keep their 14 point one...

Mine figured out to be 4 points, using 2 burgers, 1 point bun, 2 slices FF cheese... I added all the "Big Mac" toppings -- FF 1000 Island of course ;-)

What I have found with the soy products is that if you add toppings to it like you would any other burger, it is much better then just the burger by itself...

I really like the Boca Burgers as well. The Flame Grilled and Cheeseburger patties are great! If I don't have many points, I make a salad with tomatoes, onion and cut up a boca and toss it in. Yummy!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

HOOWAH!! :bcb_drill

This is my 3rd post on this thread! Now I am also enjoying the Dr Prager's Vegie Burgers from Trader Joe's.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

i like the morning star grilled burgers. i add the 1 point bun...raw onions...dill pickle slices....ff cheese and i am all set. i'm on core, so it is just 1 point! i have also added a slice of tomatoe and some lettuce on occasion. my husband has tried them too and agreed they are pretty good. believe me, that is a real compliment coming from someone who is very particular about his burgers.

i have learned to carry a 1 point bun in my purse during the weekends. we always end up sometime during the weekend at a fast food place. i just order the grilled chicken sandwich without mayo but with lettuce and tomatoe and then very discreetly change buns at the table and enjoy! i refuse to waste points on a regular bun!!!!!

dardee

on core and loving it:headover:

11/06/2006 159

ww goal-145lb

lbs lost so far 24

i can do this!

i will do this!

Guest debbiekeeshound

I Love bocca burgers! I take a martins whole wheat potato roll 1 pt which is so so good and put lettuce ,tomatoe, FF thousand island dressing, and a SF bread and butter pickle on it. I very yummy sandwich!!!! Debbie:jump_jack

I've heard so much raving about the Boca burgers I had to finally try them. I got the Boca veggie ones. I LOVE THEM!! Now I can't wait to try some of the other kinds I hear about.

I tried the Boca chili too. I put a talble sppon of that on my 1 pt hot dog with my 1 pt bun and had a great Chili dog for 2 pts. Then I ate the rest of the chili in the bowl. What a good size dish for 2 pts.

SW.....220 :mad:

CW.....154 :exercise:

GW.....155 :exercise2

PGW...150 :jump_jack

life is short---live it to the fullest! :)

Core Question - I know the soy burgers are included in our list of CORE foods, but what about the other products such as the buffalo "chix" wings, etc.

I really like those - dip in some FF ranch or blue cheese!