Health Discovery Network
lyfer98

The Perfect Turkey Burger

Combine 1 1/4 lb. ground turkey; 1/2 c. fat-free ricotta cheese; 2 scallions, finely chopped; 2 garlic cloves, minced, 2 tsp. Dijon mustard; 1 tst. Worcestershire sauce; 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper in a bowl just until blended. Shape into four patties. Spray a grill rack with nonstick spray and grill the burgers.

Points = 5

Tip-substitute 1/2 c. shredded zucchini for the ricotta and save 1/2 points value.

I used the zuccchini and they were delish!!

Bonnie

Returning Lifetime Member

The control center of my life is my attitude.

:bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march

(-7) - Week 1:bcb_bigsm

Bonnie...try Honeysuckle White Ground Turkey Breast and watch the points fall way down! I love it and use it all the time. I'll be trying your recipe with it!

http://www.honeysucklewhite.com/products/product.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=13

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

Bonnie -- this sounds so dilish! Looks similar to one I saw on 30 minute meals. I remember they looked so big and juicy. This would be a great recipe for those memorial day bar-b-ques!

~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *

(last updated - 03/25/07

CW: 185

Goal: 140

Guest LivBean

This looks delish...I am going to give it a try, but add a frozen package of spinach (squeezed dry) to give the burger more kick. Thanks!!

I was just thinking about this recipe this week and see it got bumped up. I like the idea of adding spinach but don't think my kids will fall for it! I'm going to be making these on the grill this week.

Bonnie

Returning Lifetime Member

The control center of my life is my attitude.

:bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march

(-7) - Week 1:bcb_bigsm

I make these almost every week. They are out of this world. They are so moist that mine fall apart on the grill so we have to do them on an indoor grill to keep them together. They are great for leftovers too. Definitely a staple in my house. I am on core so it totally fits in perfectly.

KansasLaura - that site has some wonderful recipes. I signed up for their newsletter.

Regarding adding spinach to the Perfect Turkey Burger, would I need to add an egg white or 2 so it would bind better?

Hoppy

Lifetime - 02/22/08

I will not weigh more tomorrow morning than I did this morning! ~Colleen

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com - please click daily 16_2_104.gif

This sounds like it would work GREAT on a Foreman Grill as well....

PKGuy323

SW 277 01/03/2005

10% Reached on: 11/15/2007

GW 199

weight.png