Health Discovery Network
Guest ariellasdaddy

Should I drop WW?

Guest ariellasdaddy

I've been on for over three months, and I do it online. I do not go to meetings, but have been successful thus far anyway, so I don't feel eager to start.

I use WW online to: (a) enter what I ate and calculate my points; (b) see how many points certain foods are; and © find recipes.

I've been told that there are calculators and other things available so that I would not need to keep paying the weekly fee for Weight Watchers.

The question is twofold:

(a) Do I really need to continue paying the fee?

(b) What tools (such as the calculator) would I need to no longer do WW online?

I do WW but I don't pay the fee online. There is so much info on the internet that you don't need to pay anything. First of all this board is a great resource. Second is www.fitday.com. I keep a log in their journal section and I can put eveything I eat into it and it will tell me how many calories I've eaten. Also I use http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kreider/Points.htm to figure out the points of something if I have the calories, fat and fiber. I think the most important thing I've learned from WW is to keep track of everything you put in your mouth! :)

Starting Weight = 174

Current Weight = 174

Goal Weight = 119

Guest Radcliffe

I can totally relate to not wanting to pay the fee. That's what stopped me from doing WW in the first place. I do it at home and it's great. What I did is I bought the at-home kit from WW.com for $125 and it had everything I needed. You could probably find the items in the kit on Ebay for cheaper, but I'm not sure. Here's what I got in my kit:

Points calculator

Journal

Start-up book

Complete Food Companion

Dining Out Companion

WW Cookbook

Points bracelet

WW Pedometer

Recipie cards

Sample exercises to do

An exercise DVD

A few other charts showing Core and Flex friendly foods.

It was worth the one-time cost and spares me the weekly or monthly fees.

Laura

I bought the at home kit and it has everything you need to follow WW.

If I have any food point questions I just come here and ask or go to http://www.dwlz.com/

:bcbsalute

- 17 Pounds

I did the 3 month program on line and then stopped. I learned the program well enough in that time and I come here for support and info (I actually like this foru better than the one at the WW official site--these ppl are no nonsense--take no excuses--offer kicks when needed--hold ya accountable--love it!!)

SW: 157.4

CW: 154.5

2.9 down, 19.5 to go

GW: 135

~~~****~~~

Paullet

Guest racegirl12
I do WW but I don't pay the fee online. There is so much info on the internet that you don't need to pay anything. First of all this board is a great resource. Second is www.fitday.com. I keep a log in their journal section and I can put eveything I eat into it and it will tell me how many calories I've eaten. Also I use http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kreider/Points.htm to figure out the points of something if I have the calories, fat and fiber. I think the most important thing I've learned from WW is to keep track of everything you put in your mouth! :)

Sara,

Thank you for sharing those links with us. They will help.

Guest tinam43

Sorry if I am in the wrong place to ask this question. Can someone tell me how i find out how many points a day I am supposed to eat. Someone recently gave me a lot of WW information and points lists, but I don't know how you figure out how many points a day I should have.

Thanks for any help anyone could suggest.

I have not been a member of WW for many years, although it was always successful for me in the past. I would just have a hard time with the fees, financially speaking.

Here is a site that has a calculator that you can download for free to your desktop. It does food points and activity points.

tinam43 Here are the target points:

350 lbs or more: 34 pts

349-325 : 33 pts

324-300 : 32 pts

299-275 : 31 pts

274 -250 : 30 pts

249-225 : 28 pts

224-200 : 26 pts

199-175 : 24 pts

174-150 : 22 pts

less than 150 : 20 pts

Laura

Laura (·Î¶ó )

weight.png

Laura's Weight loss Journey

Korea Pictures

Lifetime Since Feburary 15th 2005

Guest ariellasdaddy

I noticed that fitday is not free. How much does it cost?

fitday.com is free for the online version.

They also have a version you can download to your PC that has a few more features that costs $20.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest tinam43
Here is a site that has a calculator that you can download for free to your desktop. It does food points and activity points.

tinam43 Here are the target points:

350 lbs or more: 34 pts

349-325 : 33 pts

324-300 : 32 pts

299-275 : 31 pts

274 -250 : 30 pts

249-225 : 28 pts

224-200 : 26 pts

199-175 : 24 pts

174-150 : 22 pts

less than 150 : 20 pts

Laura

Dear Laura: Thank you so much for your help. That helps me out a lot.

Now to get the motivation to get started.

fitday.com is free for the online version.

They also have a version you can download to your PC that has a few more features that costs $20.

And what's nice about the online version is that you can use the journal to keep track of your point and no matter where you are as long as you have the internet you can keep track of them.

Starting Weight = 174

Current Weight = 174

Goal Weight = 119

I heartily :bcbsalute all of you who can follow the program at home or online. I personally need the accountability of the scale that I get going to meetings. If I did the weighing myself here at home there would be no embarrassment/shame factor if the scale were to show a well-deserved gain.

~Kristi~

This WeightTracker website is FABULOUS! Thanks for the tip AngieCat :)

So what if you are under 150lbs? Do you still stick with 20 points? Increase exercise?

Cathy

American living in the UK

SW 149lbs (June 9 2005)

CW 129.5lbs (thank you Mr Viral Infection 11/8/05)

GW 125lbs

Another great site is www.companion.ca - You can keep track of your daily or weekly weight and you can also get a graph. Used that site all the while I was on program.

Lifetimer since April 2001

195/135/150WW

I've been on for over three months, and I do it online. I do not go to meetings, but have been successful thus far anyway, so I don't feel eager to start.

I use WW online to: (a) enter what I ate and calculate my points; (b) see how many points certain foods are; and © find recipes.

I've been told that there are calculators and other things available so that I would not need to keep paying the weekly fee for Weight Watchers.

The question is twofold:

(a) Do I really need to continue paying the fee?

(b) What tools (such as the calculator) would I need to no longer do WW online?

I have been considering quitting the online thing too, as I DO know the program now. My 3rd month ends on the 26th. The only thing I like about WWOL is it has the recipe builder & the food search that makes it so stinkin easy. I dunno, I'll see how I feel in a month. :)

:exercise:Babyphat:exercise:

gotta get rid of the babyphat

sw 181.5

cw 162

gw 140

tl 19.5

What is the url for the site you mentioned??????

Laura

Joanna :headover:

Ya-Ya Name ~Princess Sparrow Hawk ~

Recommitted 2-13-04 ~ Lifetime since 9-11-90

Heaviest weight ~ 135.6 ~ Recommit weight ~ 135.6 (2-13-04)

Current weight ~ 120.9 (8-27-04)

WW goal ~ 105, My goal ~ 99 :goal: (my weight when I made lifetime - I'm 4' 11" tall!!) :D

~~~ "Nothing's forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten." ~~~ Robin of Sherwood