Health Discovery Network
ChristineP

"Light" Margaritas!

Hello all,

I tried this one tonight, and though I am no margarita "connoisseur" (I used to drink mostly frozen margaritas), these were so tasty!!!! I can have some nice, summer-like mixed drinks, and not feel guilty! I may try some other flavor combinations with different diet sodas and flavors of Crystal Lite! :D

Margaritas

1 can diet sprite

2 tsp Crystal Light lemonade mix

1/2c. lime juice

1.5 oz tequila

Ice (I used about 14-16 cubes)

Blend until smooth.

The whole recipe is 2 points, and it probably made 2 very large margaritas, or 3 medium drinks.

I also ran this through WW Online's Recipe Builder to confirm the points.

Enjoy!

Christine

:D :D :D

208.2/169.5/144

SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Guest MoreOrLess

Christine!! I think I love you!! I'm always looking for this type of recipe (makes me sound like a bit of a lush, huh? :D) Thank you for this recipe! It sounds GREAT & I will definitely be making this soon. :water1:

just to let you all know, I made these last weekend, and my boyfriend who tries to stay away from anything WW absolutely loved these!! He requested that I make them again the next time we have a little party!

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

I made this recipe tonight for me and a friend after a long hot day outside with the kids, they were yummy and only 2 points for 2 big glasses...

Thanks for the recipe.

Shayla Girvan<br />HW/SW/CW/GW<br />327/286/280/165<br /><br /><a

There used to be a recipe on here for Mockaritas from Charski which were, I think, one point each and were absolutely out of this world in taste!! Non-alcoholic, of course, but truly tasty!! I'll have to take a look tonight in my recipes and see if I can find it and post for those who might be interested.

JeanetteSki

Hey Jeannette!

Found it in my archives!

Mock Margarita (from Charski)

2 cups Diet Mountain Dew Soda -- frozen

1/4 cup lime juice

2 teaspoons Spoonable Equal or Splenda

margarita salt

Combine soda, juice and equal in blender. Blend until smooth. Dip rim of margarita glass in salt and pour in drinks.

Calories: 8.3

Fat grams: 0.0

Fiber grams: 0.0

W/W Points 0

Krystyne

SW =177.8 :ugh: / CW = 168.0 / WWGW = 150 / PGW = 145

Re-Start Date: Dec. 11/06 --- Loss to Date: 9.2 pounds!!

Hey Hockeygirl!! Thanks so much for posting that (I forgot to look last night). I thought they were 1pt. and actully they're are 0pts.! I knew I liked this recipe! Charski always had such good recipes. We are really missing it with not having her on these boards anymore......Charski COME BACK!!:sobbing:

JeanetteSki

0 POINTS!!! WOOHOOO!!!!

Hehe... I know I had thought that they were always one point too...

Finding out that they are 0 points is kinda like finding a $20 bill in an old jacket you forgot about...hehe.

LOL

Krystyne

SW =177.8 :ugh: / CW = 168.0 / WWGW = 150 / PGW = 145

Re-Start Date: Dec. 11/06 --- Loss to Date: 9.2 pounds!!

I'll have to try this. As a former bartender, it's gonna be hard to not pour in the Cointreau and Grand Mariner floater with a rimful of salt!!! Yummmy!

:) (This is me after one Margarita....)

:exercise2 two margaritas...

:crazy: three margaritas....

:ugh: next day.....

LOL!!!!

~Lori

SW: 159.6

CW: 159 :bcb_yuck:

GW: 135

Where am I going...and why am I in this handbasket?