Health Discovery Network
himimom

Fresh Ginger

I bought some fresh ginger to make the crockpot Thai chicken, but now don't know what to do with the rest.

I read a while back there is a way to store it, but I can't remember what to do. Can anyone help?

Carol

Highest Weight: 257.2

Restart 1/4/06

SW: 246.6/ CW:237.0/ Goal: 140

Lost: 9.6

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

I store my fresh ginger in the freezer. I don't know how long it can stay there, I usually use mine up in a couple of weeks!

:bcbsalute MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Thanks MT....I'll give it a try!

Carol

Restart 1/4/06

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

The chicken is cooking now....I can't wait to try it!

Carol

Restart 1/4/06

I use fresh ginger inalmost everything I cook. The taste is really great and ginger helps digestion. I also use fresh garlic in most recipes. They both have great benefits.

Debi

I buy a large chunk of ginger and peel and grate the whole thing and freeze it in tablespoon measures in an ice cube tray. When it freezes well enough to be solid, I put them all in a zip bag. Then, when I need it, I don't even have to prep it first!

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/

original starting weight 270

returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.