This is the original recipe:

SHRIMP WITH CILANTRO PESTO

1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground

2 tbs coarsely chopped cilantro leaves and stems

2 tbs coarsely chopped fresh garlic

1 pound medium shrimp, raw

1 tbs olive oil

½ cup fresh or canned broth

Combine black pepper, cilantro and garlic. Finely chop with knife or food processor. Set aside. Peel and rinse shrimp. Heat a large pan on medium heat. Add oil and heat. Add shrimp and stir to cook through. Just as shrimp turn pink and opaque add pesto and broth. Stir well and coat shrimp. When heated through, remove from heat and serve over rice or noodles.

Many times I will get a big bunch of cilantro and put it in the food processor with a bunch of garlic and pepper and blend it all up then drop it in big spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Then I freeze the chunks and just pop one in with the broth after the shrimp is cooked.

I usually use 1/2 lb shrimp and 2 tsp oil since its just the two of us, but keep the amount of cilantro and broth so I have some juice for the noodles.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

This sounds really good - how many servings does it make?

I like your idea about freezing the cilantro. My daughter hates it and I absolutely love it but I don't use the fresh fast enough and always wind up throwing out. I can also use it for my own portions then. Thanks for the idea.

Kim

Knowledge is POWER.

SW: 198.4; CW: 166; GW: 155.0

I'm sorry. The original recipe serves 4 and was 3 points per serving using my brand of shrimp (4oz = 2 pts)

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189