Health Discovery Network
Guest tracijean

your favorite burrito fillings?

Guest tracijean

Hi all-

I'm curious about what everyone's favorite burrito fillings are. Tonight I sauteed mushrooms, onions & garlic together, then added black beans & simmered until all warm and tasty. Then I put it in 2 LaTortilla Factory tortillas smeared w/ FF cream cheese, sprinkled FF cheddar on top, and had peach pineapple salsa on the side. YUM. What do YOU like?

lentils

or spinach cucumbers and cream cheese

Sincerely,

Carla

~Food wasted is better than food waisted!

~Iceberg lettuce is perhaps the most aptly named plant in the world and should be avoided as though you were the Titanic with a second chance.

I like pinto beans drained and rinsed, mixed with some sauteed onion. I put these into flour tortillas with some shredded cheese, set them side by side in a glass pan and pour green enchilada sauce on top. Then I bake them just enough to be hot (can't recall the exact temps right off). They are soooo good and filling! I call them green burritos! Kind of like enchilada style:p

PinkGlttr

a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!

HW: 205ish... pregnant

SW: 190.4

CW: 182

MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!:bcb_up

MiniGoal: 180.4

Guest America's.Sweetheart

Vegetable fajitas. I stir fry zuchini, squash, green peppers, yellow peppers, and portabello mushrooms with fajita seasoning and wrap them up in a warm whole wheat tortilla with some fat-free refried beans to hold it together and maybe a bit of reduced fat shredded cheese as well.

I do the same thing for a burrito, only I wrap in a tortilla shell with some cooked rice and more refried beans, line in baking dish, drizzle with salsa, and bake in oven until shell is a bit crispy. Yum!

I love to spread low fat frozen creamed spinach on a corn tortilla, add blk beans and corn, wrap it up and cover with red enchilada sauce and heat. WOW!!!

5'2" SW-144.0 CW-136 GW-129.0

Here ya go,

Wrap this mix in a flour tortilla...and VOILA! Burrito extraordinaire!

wilted spinach

drained low fat cottage cheese or low fat ricotta or even part skim mozzarella

chopped up garlic

brown basmati rice

pinto beans

diced tomatoes

mix this together and back in tortilla until crispy...

Serve with salsa and low fat sour cream....

yummy!

-K

Krystyne

SW =177.8 :ugh: / CW = 168.0 / WWGW = 150 / PGW = 145

Re-Start Date: Dec. 11/06 --- Loss to Date: 9.2 pounds!!

I make a "cheezy" vegan burrito filling. I take one cup of dry tvp, and reconstitute it with one cup of boiling water and a packet of taco seasoning. Then I mix in 1 can of fat-free or vegetarian refried beans. Then I mix in the "cheez" sauce (modified from a BCG recipe):

Cheez Sauce

1 cup water

¼ cup nutritional yeast

2 tbsp cornstarch

1 tbsp flour

1 tsp lemon juice

½ tsp salt

¼ tsp garlic granules

¼ tsp turmeric

2 tbsp water

1 tbsp canola oil

Place all ingredients, except the 2 T. water and additional oil, in a blender/processor and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until it starts to thicken, then let it bubble for 30 seconds. Whisk vigorously.

Or pour the mixture into a microwave-proof bowl; cover and cook on high for 2 minutes. Whisk, then microwave for 2 more minutes, and whisk again.

Whisk in the water and oil.

The whole recipe of cheez sauce is 10 points. TVP & bean points will vary depending on brand. Mine usually comes out to 20 points total for all of the filling mix. I try to find one point tortillas, and then I make 20 smallish burritos and bake them at 425 for about ten minutes. 2 point burritos! And they are even good cold, my boys love them in their lunchboxes.

Guest littlemissruckus

Corn , salsa, and shredded cheese.

SantSmart-Ones a Fe Style Rice & Beans w/shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and salsa.(makes 2) When made with 1 pt. wraps - only 4 points each. Very yummy. I can't believe we can eat this good! :p

Other ingredients may be added, ff sour cream, etc. Just be sure to add the extra points.

Makes 2 healthy size burritos - so you may want to eat one share one, or save the other one for later (without the extra fillings).

~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *

(last updated - 03/25/07

CW: 185

Goal: 140