Health Discovery Network
Guest Victorianhippie

Cake

Guest Victorianhippie

:confused: Hi everyone,

I officially started WW last night in Bel air, MD (signed up and stayed for the meeting). This is my second time around and I really hope to achieve my goal. I have excercied this morning with Walk away the pounds (3) mile walk and have written down everything I have eaten and drank lots of water. BUT, I had some home made yellow cake two layer 3 oz. total with some choco. frosting. I know that was a big boo but, well I slipped. I looked it up to my best ability and came up with 7 points. Could some one please give their advice as to the points of the BOO BOO.

Victorianhippie:confused: :confused: :confused:

Welcome aboard!

The info I had re: cake is:

Cake,with icing - 1/12 of 9" layer cake or 3" square - 12 points

It doesn't go into ounces of the cake. If you were the one who made the cake, you could figure out all the individual points and then divide by number of servings. Some cakes are decadent and others more reasonable. These types of numbers are "guesstimates" which help when you truly don't have a clue.

Whether or not the cake a boo boo depends on your eating plan for the rest of the day ... AND your flex points for the week, Activity points for the day, etc.

I have just figured out what my OP splurges are going to be this week, due to a special occasion and will now know that i can indulge in those choices and NOT feel guilty because i've planned for it and will be staying OP. Before, if i wouldn't have planned, i would have likely felt guilty .... then overate because of that ... and spiraled downhill. It's a liberating feeling! (I know, corny, huh?)

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Also remember that the 12 points goes for a single layer cake and it sounds like yours was a 2 layer.

5'2" SW-144.0 CW-136 GW-129.0

I've finally come to the conclusion that cake with frosting is just not worth the points, and I avoid it!

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Guest Victorianhippie

Thanks everyone. I finally just threw it out. Hubby did not get to it and left it just sitting there. I could not handle it. I know that it is my weakness and not anyone elses. Besides, I have to do the baking and I just have to get past it.

Victorianhippie

Good for you for throwing it out :bcbsalute

Sometimes it can be hard throwing food away or "wasting" it, but having a temptation aorund like that is a guaranteed way to run into problems. Good job on making the right decision!

Jenny - Vegan - Loving Core and

Weight Training :strong:

My blog! (With pics) - 220/174/140

170 by Labor Day!

I hate broccoli, and yet, in a certain sense, I am broccoli. - The Tick