Health Discovery Network
LindaBC

Fried Chicken Fingers?

Man, I sure could go for some crunchy chicken fingers but I can't find a recipe. I'm so tired of chicken breasts in sauces of any kind, whether tomato based, fruity or veggy. I'm wondering how to make some nice crunchy oven-baked chicken strips that would be Core or, at least, very low in WPAs.

SW - 294 (Jan1/05)

GW- 150 (but I try not to focus on it)

Short Term GW (254 - or 40 lb loss)

CW - 274

I haven't made this in a while, but I remember it being good.

HERBED DIJON CHICKEN STRIPS

¼ cup fine dry breadcrumbs

2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese

½ tsp dried Italian seasoning

4 (4oz) skinned, boned chicken breast halves

1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard

Vegetable cooking spray

Combine first 3 ingredients in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; set aside.

Brush chicken breast halves evenly with mustard. Cut each into 3 strips. Add chicken to the breadcrumb mixture. Seal bag and shake until chicken is coated.

Place chicken strips on rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until done. 4 servings 4 points each

VARIATION: coat chicken with Hot Sauce and shake with crushed baked potato chips for Buffalo Strips.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I'm wondering if you could do something like dip the chicken strips in a cornmeal mixture - you could spice it up with whatever spices you like. Then bake in the oven. You could make a dip with yogurt and spices also. Could be good. Sheila

made with cornmeal would make it core, I am not sure about the breadcrumbs I guess if they were whole grain?????However they both would be good,

I believe I have done the cornmeal coating on the chicken, and used taco seasoning with it and tossed chicken in it, it was SO good...always spray with "pam" type spray on top, and if you have a cooking stone, use it and turn half way through!

Yummy!

I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174

current weight 161

recommittment loss 3 pounds

Guest egwene78

I found a recipe from Cybergranny for core fried chicken using cornmeal. You marinate the chicken overnight in fat free buttermilk, then dip it into cornmeal, spray with Pam and bake. I added red pepper flakes and some hot sauce to the cornmeal to make the chicken spicy.

Guest BluSpringsGal

A lady in my meeting said she makes "fried" chicken using buttermilk to soak the chicken in before coating with corn flakes. Cornflakes aren't Core, but you could count the points or maybe try cornmeal.

She puts the chicken in a ziplock bag with the buttermilk and soaks all day or overnight. Said this makes the coating stick very well.

Jo

Thanks, my friends. I tried the one with cornmeal except I never had buttermilk so I used plain ff yogurt and it turned out very nice.

When I make the one with breadcrumbs, I will just have to save up points for it.

SW - 294 (Jan1/05)

GW- 150 (but I try not to focus on it)

Short Term GW (254 - or 40 lb loss)

CW - 274

This basic recipe inspired me! At lunchtime, I defrosted 2 boneless skinless breasts and mixed some FF yogurt with some Frank's hot sauce. I plan on dipping them in cornmeal and baking them off in a hot oven for dinner!

Thanks for the great idea!!