Health Discovery Network
icinglady1

Key lime pie...no crust

I wanted to post my findings about the WW Key lime pie recipe. I don't always want (or have) 5 points to spend on a desert. I made the Key lime pie recipe in a pie plate sprayed with non stick spray...and no crust. I did bake it an additional 5 minutes to solidify it more in the middle.

The slices (custard) came out beautifully and intact. I put FF cool whip on top and omiting the crust made the desert only 3 points. I used Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Juice (has much more flavor/punch than others)

I increased the size of the serving by cutting the pie into 8 perfect wedges (the recipe calls for 10 sliver sized servings in the pie for 5 points)

The filling is really what it's all about anyway right! well, for me anyway:D

Icing

Be your own best friend every day.

Guest bgt76458

GREAT IDEA!!! I think I will do the same!

BrendaT.

LIsa, will you post your recipe and let me know if I can use fresh limes? I luckily live in Florida and there is NOTHING like fresh Key Limes! It is ALL about the filling for me too!

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/

original starting weight 270

returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

1 ready crust 25% less fat grahm cracker ready pie crust (I omit this)

14 oz fat free sweetened condensed milk

8 oz fat free egg substitute

8 oz fat free whipped topping (I just use a dollop on my piece)

1/2 cup fresh lime juice...I use Nellie & Joe's key lime juice but fresh is best!

1. preheat oven to 325 (if using pie crust place on baking sheet and set aside)

2. Whisk together condensed milk, egg substitute and lime juice. Pour mixture into crust (I just spray a pie plate with ff spray and pour mixture into plate)

3. bake until center looks set but still slightly quivery, like gelatin, about 15 minutes (I do 20 min in my oven to solidify it more since there is no crust)

Cool completely on a wire rack. Transfer to refrigerator and chill completely. About 1-2 hours.

4. Spread whipped topping over cooled pie (cut into 10 slices and serve)

OK...so I omit the crust, and slice into 8 pieces for 3 points each. I don't put the cool whip on the pie either, just a dollop on my piece.

With Crust: Point's value =5 this is a ww recipe.

Be your own best friend every day.