Health Discovery Network
icinglady1

Is it desert? or is it breakfast....both!

My daughter loves pumpkin pie...year round. I make the custard (no crust) according to the libby's can. I use...(on reg size can) 1/2 cup splenda for the sugar-and use 1/4 cup reg sugar, and egg beaters for the eggs, and fat free evaporated milk. I bake it in a rectangle pan and cut into 8 large servings after it's cooled. I comes out perfectly.

For breakfast she eat's it without cool whip free. At desert time...yep, she just adds a dollop of cool whip. It's packed with vitamins and it's healthy.

It comes to 1 point per square.

Icinglady

Be your own best friend every day.

Sounds great! Rectangle pan? Meaning 9 x 13? (Like a brownie pan?)

flakypastry 5' 2"

SW 129 :: CW 123.4:: GW 119 :: PG 109 :: lowest 113.8

Lifetime since August 2005. Currently OVER goal..but getting really close!!

Sounds a lot like the crustless pumpkin pie listed in the desserts forum...4 points for the entire pie!

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64643&page=2&pp=25

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

My pan is actually 11 X 7 pyrex dish. Any pan would work though but I'd probably stick with glass. Whatever size pan just divide into 8 servings.

I haven't made the crustless pie listed in the recipe forum..this is just Libby's recipe without the crust.

Icing

You know, I have a can of Libby's Pumpkin in the cabinet. I think I'll make this. My DH and DS absolutely love pumpkin pie; so what if there's no crust!!! :p

Linda -

2014 is going to be MY year to get healthier and thinner!!

I used to make the crustless pumpkin pie all the time, but haven't in ages. I just might have to whip up a batch today.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest Me4Me

I plan on making this today. I haven't had pumpkin pie in so long and when I saw this it made me want some really bad. Thanks for the reminder Icinglady!

I just wanted to add that I made this today and it's quite yummy. Thanks again for the reminder. Next time, though, I think I'll add a little more sugar, but with a dollup of FF cool whip, that kind of makes up for the it.

Pumpkin in July! I love it:) and why not? they have Christmas in July going on here...I'm going to have to dig into my holiday recipes and see what else I can whip up....maybe not, then they won't be extra special....or if we eat them all year...we won't over eat them because they're "extra special" Hmmmmm this might be a strategy for me.:crazy: (I'm just being funny today...good mood:D )

Icing

Lisa, my family and I love pumpkin desserts! I do the same thing as you but I use brown sugar because it tastes richer and somehow is sweet enough with or without the cool whip! I have always liked the idea of using Splenda and making sure to add a bit of real sugar. It just makes all the difference in a dessert recipe.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/

original starting weight 270

returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

I have always liked the idea of using Splenda and making sure to add a bit of real sugar. It just makes all the difference in a dessert recipe.

Hmmmmmmm... maybe I should try that next time ... then it may turn out a bit better. Thanks for the tip!

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

I make this also, with similar modifications from the Libby's recipe. I've served it to friends for dessert, and I can't tell you how many people ask for the recipe. I also mke it all year round because I get hungry for it! I'm going to try the 9 x 13 pan, though. I usually make mine in a casserole, and I'll bet it would bake faster in the pan. Thanks!

Stephanie

Life is hard; food is easy. I'm learning a better way.

SW: 188 / BMI 34.5

CW: 180.4 / BMI 33

GW: 135 / BMI 24.7