Health Discovery Network
Guest chesterbrooks

Buffalo meat

Guest chesterbrooks

Hi,

Saturday night I had a buffalo burger. Simply, just like a regular hamburger, but buffalo meat. I am having a hard time in my book finding it, unless it is under "water buffalo" 1 oz = 1 pt. This was a decent sized burger, maybe 4 oz. I ate the top half of the bun.

Any suggestions on if this is what I count it to be?

Thanks!

Guest NewMe1

I sometimes wonder if I have the "Road Kill" version of the supermarket companion. Mine lists things like Raccoon, Squirrel, O'Possum, and Black Bear but I'll be darned if I can find something simple like a plain baked potato. Sorry I can't answer your question, but I'll have to look for water buffalo in my book!:lol:

I sometimes wonder if I have the "Road Kill" version of the supermarket companion.

:lol: I think I got that one too.

Does yours have a special section on Critters & Varmints? :D

chesterbrooks - There is a food list over at DWLZ that includes "Wild or Domestic Game, Organs & Out of Ordinary". It lists buffalo at 1 pt/oz.

http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/meatpoints.html

Of course that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Baked potato is roughly 1 pt. per 3 oz. (raw). That's itty bitty, but your more typical 10-oz. potato is 3 Points and a medium (6 oz.) is 2 Points. The huge ones that restaurants serve are higher, of course.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie