Health Discovery Network
bmkpoe

Anyone use a Gazelle?

I'm wanting to buy one of these so I have something in addition to my treadmill and videos and there are several versions which is confusing. I have it narrowed down to 2 of them, one has the resistance pistons and costs about $250 the other does not have the pistons, but comes with 4 workout dvd's for $219. My mind is telling me to go with the least expensive one since it is a better value and comes with the dvd's, but I'm not sure since it doesn't have the resistance pistons. Can you still get a good workout that you can progress with without having the additional resistance? Any input? TIA!

Kerri :p

SW- 250

CW- 250

GW- 160

*~*~*~*~*~*

My roomie's boyfriend bought us a gazelle, he bought it at walmart and i think it only cost 100 bucks! We don't have the resistance pistons or videos, we just have the gazelle and we love it! We think it works great and you can def feel and see improvements from it... it's soooo easy, and it feels like you're doing nothing! She and I can have long winded gossip sessions while going full force on it!! WE LOVE IT!

I hope this helps!

*Jillian*

I use the gazelle ... with my weight, i like it because it's low impact!

The model I have doesn't have any resistance bars or anything on it.

The dvds/tapes go over some great different things to do while you're on the machine to get your heart pumping, he does some motivational sprints and countdowns, and the gazelle does work your muscles!

However, i usually just walk on it at this point, and count it as low intensity. I put on Greta Van Susteren and Nancy Grace at 10 pm and watch tv and walk!

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Guest LLKoolK

Thanks for this info gals... I am actually in the market for an elipical and was looking at health club machines that were $1000+. I did some research and it looks like this would be perfect for me, especially the higher models. I wouldn't buy a $200+ machine that didn't grow with me, so I am definitely going with the resistant pistons...

I am probably getting one in the next 2 weeks, so if anyone has any more information, reviews, or thoughts, I'd love to hear it!

Kyle

I don't know any specifics on ellipticals. I use the ones provided by our AMAZING college recreation center (free:) ), but I will check tonight. I really like them, especially because the treadmill impact is so hard on your joints, and ellipticals work your arms AND legs.

Oh, and because I can go forward and backwards, which is harder (high intensity) and I certainly can't do that on a treadmill:lol:

PinkGlttr

a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!

HW: 205ish... pregnant

SW: 190.4

CW: 182

MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!:bcb_up

MiniGoal: 180.4

I have had my gazelle for 2 years now, and I LOVE it...I use it in various ways, and it is absolutly amazing. Mine is the lesser model, and it is SO easy to use, and put away. I do wish I had one with more resistance, I now only use it for cardio, because it has gotten to easy for me.

MrsD

I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174

current weight 161

recommittment loss 3 pounds

I have a Gazelle (the $100 one from WalMart) and I really don't like it. It's really difficult to get a good workout on this thing. Mine doesn't have resistance, so maybe that would help increase the intensity of the workout. I would love to get rid of mine but im sure the price of shipping would be insane!

Guest angelbaby27

I have an ellipse from Sears that I think was about $400 a couple of years ago and I LOVE it. It has a knob for resistence, and a display that shows distance, speed, etc. I've used it a lot and think it's a pretty good piece of equipment for the price. Plus, I really get a good workout. I use a heart rate monitor, and by putting the resistence up a bit I have no problem keeping my heart rate in my zone. And it's really quiet so I can ride and watch tv no problem.

I have the one with the resistance pistons and love it. It really gives me a great workout. I don't think there is a muscle in my body that doesn't feel the effects:p .

wwnUztp

LOVE & BLESSINGS

GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....

it's only good news if told in time.

I have the base model that cost $100 at Walgreens.com and it really works well. A friend of mine, who was only 130 lbs, got down to her goal weight of 104 while using it! It really works, but it is mostly for a good cardio workout, you make your workout easy or difficult.

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

I have had my gazelle for 2 years now, and I LOVE it...I use it in various ways, and it is absolutly amazing. Mine is the lesser model, and it is SO easy to use, and put away. I do wish I had one with more resistance, I now only use it for cardio, because it has gotten to easy for me.

MrsD

Likewise here.. I bought the cheaper Wal-mart model because you can fold it and fit it in a closet, unlike the resistance models. Looking back, I never imagined i was going to love my Gazelle as much as I do and if I knew what I know now, I would've bought the one with the resistance pistons, that way you can up the intensity for a change.

I really recommend my Gazelle.. It gives a good cardio work-out and I do it in front of the TV. It's helped me shed a good couple of pounds.

Good luck with your purchase,

J

30 pounds to go until GW!!