Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

Crustless Pumpkin Pie: Delicious!

I found Joanne's version of Core crustless pumpkin pie yesterday. I made my version and it is ab-so-lutely delicious! It's COLD and refreshing and delicious in Summer, too~ :)

Joanne:"Here's my lazy version:

I took one 15oz can of pumpkin puree,

1 cup of fat free evaporated milk,

1/2 cup egg beaters and

1/2 cup of DV Sugar free syrup in Spice Blend flavor (though I bet lots of flavors would be good with this, like amaretto or white chocolate)

then baked at 450 degrees for 20 minutes then at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Figuring the points for all the ingredients by nutritional info (including the pumpkin) I got 1/4 of the pie is 90 calories, 0 fat, 4 fiber which is 1 point! And since 1 cup of evaporated FF milk is 2 dairy servings, each 1/4 of the pie is also 1/2 a milk serving and it's a veggie serving too. Can't beat that."

WWCarol:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. ( I use my toaster/convection oven.)

1 12 oz. carton frozen (and thawed) pureed squash

1 cup FF evaporated milk

3 eggs

1/2 cup of DV SF syrup (I used 1/2 "Gingerbread" and 1/2 "Simple syrup", unflavored)

1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Blend with a stick-blender.

Spray a pie pan, and pour into pan. Cook at 450 degrees for 20 minutes (I did 10 minutes on convection and 10 minutes on regular bake), then reduce to 350 (regular bake) and cook for 30 more. Stick knife into center; when it comes out "clean", it's done. Cool.

Variation:Pumpkin Oat Pie (inspired by Joanne): Add 1 cup of quick oats to the pumpkin mixture (mine are "toasted" quick oats from Safeway). Cook as above. Absolutely delicious! More filling. Bigger pie~ :)

Core CREAMY Topping (inspired by Joanne): Take some FF cottage cheese and blend until creamy OR take some "pot cheese" (aka farmer's cheese) and then stir in: vanilla extract AND DaVinci SF syrup (I used Gingerbread). COOL. Add alongside (or on top of) pie piece. Mmmmmm~

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I wonder, has anyone ever used yocheese in a recipe like this? Does it bake okay, like a ricotta? I may try it.

"Hunger is the best sauce"

my Mom

I've baked it in stuffed mushrooms before and it's been good. I'll have to try it in the pie this weekend. Great idea!

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Where can I find the Davinci syrup? and is this version CORE too?

PinkGlttr

a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!

HW: 205ish... pregnant

SW: 190.4

CW: 182

MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!:bcb_up

MiniGoal: 180.4

You can find Davinci at the Davinci Website and some other online stores.

You can also find them at some TJMaxx and Marshalls stores, but the supply and selection is sporadic.

Most walmarts have 2 flavors in the coffee aisle.

Some coffee shops sell them but they are more expensive there usually.

Cost Plus World Market (if you have those) carries a brand called Torani which is just as good IMO but not as many flavors.

Yes, Carol's version is Core as well.

Joanne

Oh my gosh... so many flavors...

I think I may have found my soul mate (for now):kiss:

PinkGlttr

Sarah, I am totally addicted to these. I have about 40 flavors in a special cupboard DH built for me. Rarely a day passes that I don't use it in something.

I just get plain yogurt now and make my own flavors.

I also make my own popsicles with Milk and DV for a dairy serving.

It's great in oatmeal, desserts, drinks, you name it.

If you haven't seen it before, here's one of the oldest threads on DV There's so many great ideas in there.

Joanne

I am gonna hold onto this one for Thanksgiving. I LOVE pumpkin pie, anything with those spices really.

If you top it with ff cool whip (to make it more dessert-like for the nonWW) 1/4 is 4 points, and 1/8 of the pie, a normal slice, is only 2 points:)

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I used calorieking to get the whipped topping points.:exercise2

PinkGlttr

Okay, I couldn't resist and I made the original version. The only thing I did differently was add a tsp. of pumpkin pie spice to it and I used the vanilla flavored syrup, as it was the only one I could find.

Yummy:)

PinkGlttr

Isnt' it good?!...I'm making my second one today~

Did you make the "original" here? Or the "original" on the Dessert Forum thread? :)

I made the original here...

and almost forgot that I had wanted to add the pumpkin spice, so I pulled it out right after I put it in and "swirled" it in. Now it has pizazz too :p

It smells like Thanksgiving in here!:crazy:

PinkGlttr

Yeah...why save something so wonderful for Thanksgiving?

I'd like to be thankful-for-this all year! :D

This looks so good, I may make this tomorrow. I did try a version of it last year at Christmas using FF milk and Splenda, and wasn't that thrilled. Using the FF Evaporated Skim, and my DaVinci's may jazz it up a bit.

Karen

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Last week I made my lazy version with DV, evap milk and eggbeaters and took Mrsdela's idea from the Core Cobbler thread and added a cup of oatmeal to the mix and sprinkled 1/4 cup on top. It got better as the week went along. I whipped some cottage cheese with some Butterscotch DV to use as a topping and it was HEAVENLY! I'm making at least one if not two pies tomorrow to get me through the week. The oatmeal adds texture and staying power for me. Having it with the cottage cheese for protein makes it a good breakfast.

Joanne

WOW! You all made that SERIOUSLY sound good! :D

Of course I'll have to try it!

Any pointers? Temperature? Rolled oats or quick oats? Cooking time? :confused: :bcbsalute

Carol, the first time I added the oatmeal I cooked it like the can said, 425 for 20 minutes then 350 for 40-45 (I think, but it's whatever the can says)

Yesterday, I just cooked at 350 for 60 minutes.

I used old fashioned oats, cause that's what I have and I like the texture of a thicker oat.

I did end up making 2 yesterday, one with Spice Blend DV and one with Amaretto. Both were very good, but I think they are better cold. I had a piece last night that was still a bit warm and it was kinda mushy. The piece I had for breakfast this morning was better, IMO.\

And you've got to try the whipped cottage cheese with DV. It's so good!

I haven't tried it with FF cottage, but I'm sure it's still good. Blending it smooths out the chunks and it's so rich and creamy. You do have to chill it again after blending.

Joanne

Thanks, Joanne...I'm definitely trying it!

Sounds like pot cheese might work well for the "topping", too~ :)

hi

i truely believe that this crustless pumpkin pie along with starbucks sugar free vanilla...decaf...nonfat latte were the reasons i decided core was for me. what more could a woman want! i changed to core almost 3 weeks ago. i am loving it. i know i could eat like this forever. no more hunger...no more counting everything...just plain eating smart! my biggest challenge on flex was the weekends. i always felt so deprived when we went out with others. everyone was eating what ever they wanted and i couldn't. now....i eat just core all week long...then on saturday or sunday...i have 35 points to use as i want. i find myself only using about 10 of them. funny how the mind works....when you don't feel deprived you can make smart decisions and eat healthy. it is working for me! i have lost about 6 pounds in 3 weeks. for me that is unbelievable! keep posting those great recipes, they are really helping....tonight's dinner is the unrolled stuffed cabbage with brown rice mixed in. i hope we like it.

dardee

dardee

on core and loving it:headover:

11/06/2006 159

ww goal-145lb

lbs lost so far 24

i can do this!

i will do this!

bump in honor of turkey day

*SierraWind* :bcb_up

SAHMom to 3 amazing boys

~Today is the first day of the rest of my life!~