Health Discovery Network
True Me

Stuffed Cabbage Casserole

question:

do you cook the rice before adding it?

Not Polish, but lived in Poland for 4 months...am dying for some Zurek (Easter soup)! yummmm

Deb Hockey_LRWYUX.gif

SW: 263.2 (5/2/05)

CW: 208 (1/12/08)

minigoal: under 200

Nope. It cooks during the 45-60 minutes in the casserole.

DH and I LOVE this stuff! He likes it burnt. :bcb_grin

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest J@mie

I made this weekend and it was very good. I only made half the recipe fearing there would be too much cause DH doesn't like cabbage but wish I would have made more. It is very filling! I made with ground turley, didn't miss the beef at all.

Definatly going to make this one often.

One question though, is the tomato soup core?

sorry, another question. Do you think this could be made, subbing the rice with bulgar? or maybe quinoa? I'm probably going to have leftover brown rice for lunch from tonight, and I want to make this for dinner.

Thanks!

Deb Hockey_LRWYUX.gif

SW: 263.2 (5/2/05)

CW: 208 (1/12/08)

minigoal: under 200

I make the other unstuffed cabbage recipe with bulgar all the time. I think it comes out better with bulgar than the rice.

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

I tried this last night using bulgar instead of rice and it was fabulous..(my bulgar was already cooked) this is a keeper..LOVED it!

Nicole

I tried this last night using bulgar instead of rice and it was fabulous..(my bulgar was already cooked) this is a keeper..LOVED it!

This also works fine with uncooked bulgar, I just increase the amount of liquid or add some water.

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

Just wanted to report that I made this tonight but didn't have any tomato soup but had Campbell's Fiesta Tomato soup in the pantry - I would definately recommend trying it, definately kicked it up a notch!

J@mie, according to my week 1 book tomato soup sure is core (according to the food index at the back listed under soup).

Teri :salut

Proud Mom to Mckenzie born July 26/06

Now ready to shed these baby pounds!

Joined WW April 15, 2008

weight.png

bumping up

~ Pam ~

homeschooling mom to 3 girls

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

weight.png

I made this for tonight's dinner and it's fabulous. Even my 3yo loves it :bcb_up

~ Pam ~

homeschooling mom to 3 girls

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

weight.png

I made this yesterday and I loved it. My husband wasn't crazy about it though. I cooked my bulgar before adding it. I think maybe I added too much bulgar. I think my husband might like it if I put more tomato soup in - I think I might try it with the uncoooked bulgar and 2 cans of soup the next time.

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

Oh my gawd - I just had some of this leftover from Saturday. It was even BETTER than the first day. This is a great recipe.

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

I am so excited to try this. I had something like this a few years ago when I was on vacation. Thanks for the recipe!

Melissa :bcb_march Goal Getter Girl :bcb_bigsm

CW: 166.6 (need to get serious!!):bcb_huh:

This is sooooo yummy! It's even better the second day. Can't wait to make it again. Thanks for the recipe!

Tried this last night and it is a keeper. Thank you so much for another great recipe!

wwnUztp

LOVE & BLESSINGS

GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....

it's only good news if told in time.

I'm new to WW. Saturday will be the end of my first week. This recipe sounds so good. What is the portion size that you use? And what are the points? Thanks for the help in advance!!

Chris

sw - 194.4

gw - 150

I weighed the entire batch and plugged everything into the WW online recipe builder. Here are the results:

2 oz serving - 1 point

4 oz serving - 1.5 point

6 oz serving - 2.5 points

8 oz serving - 3.5 points (8 oz is about a 1 cup serving.)

I think that you answer is here ckbkhappy. I am going shopping so that I can make this. It sounds yummy!

Thank you, Missilissa!! I must have overlooked that somehow. I'll do the shopping this weekend for it!!

Chris

sw - 194.4

gw - 150

New to Core and new to this site. Tried this last night and it was WONDERFUL!!! Hubby is Ukranian so loves stuffed cabbage. Always have to plan to spend several hours making it. In less than 20 mins. this was in the pan and in the oven. I was a little apprehensive about what his response would be. We both agreed it was absolutely delicious and will be made over and over. It really did not taste any different than the recipe that takes hours and was maybe even better. Thank you for sharing the recipe! I look forward to trying many others!

I cannot wait to try this recipe!

I LOVE cabbage rolls but have never tried to make them - not good at stuff like that.

I wonder if my kids will eat it.....

Do you have to go to a butcher for 96% ff ground sirloin?

Glenda

~Glenda~

I am stronger than this.

One minute, One hour, One day at a time

3811110.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I changed this recipe and it works: Substitute Zucchini for cabbage. It is just as good. Been wondering about using cooked chicken instead of the beef or ground turkey. Should be good.

*Irene* Thin for Life: Yes!

I'm making this for dinner tonight and decided to double the recipe from all the review's I've heard. Can't wait to eat :)

Have an awesome day!! [size=4][font=Century Gothic][color=red]Mommalu[/color][/font] [/size]:wave: [color=red][color=darkorange]SW 198[/color] [/color][color=yellowgreen]GW 141[/color][color=magenta] CW 123 [/color] [color=red]Total pounds lost= 75[/color] [font=Comic Sans MS][color=deepskyblue]Joined ww in 1991 became lifetime in 93[/color][/font] [font=Comic Sans MS][color=#808000][color=deepskyblue]still attend my weekly 7:30am meetings[/color]:bcb_up [/color][/font]

I made this the other night. I asked my DD if she liked it her response was, "Are you kidding? I had 2 bowls!" It's a good thing that I doubled the recipe. It was delicious.