Health Discovery Network
True Me

Stuffed Cabbage Casserole

WOW, I made this tonight for supper. Like Freetobethin, I used chopped zucchini and loved it. I did use ground turkey and added a little more garlic and some Worcestershire Sauce. DH loved it, and gave it a 9 out of 10. So if you are not a cabbage eater (like DH) I would give it a try. Plus it didn't take as long to cook!:bcb_up

Tissie

One bite at a time!

I was looking for a comfort food kind of thing for this cool weather and this hit the spot. It was DELICIOUS!!! The only change I made was to use 3 cloves of garlic. I didn't have Instant Brown Rice, and ordinarily I'd just try to substitute, but I had time and bought some just for this recipe and it was perfect. So easy and so good! I recommend it!! Thanks for posting!!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

This is a family-staple. :bcb_smile

I like it "best" with the ground beef.:bcb_bigsm

But I'll make it with the turkey, too. :salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

MMMM!!! My very favorite Core recipe of all time!!

I always use either ground turkey or Boca crumbles and double the cabbage, onions and garlic. I also use bulgar instead of the instant brown rice.

Last time I made it I also added low sodium soy sauce and it tasted like an inside-out-egg roll.

My 19-year old DS loves it, even though he wouldn't touch cabbage any other way.

I'm making this tomorrow night!

Laveta

SW: 225.6

CW: 175.8

HW: 245 (non-pregnancy weight)

Rejoined 5/15/2010 to get to LIFETIME!

I made this today for the 2nd time. It's soooo good as is, but - I subbed bulgur for the rice and added a can of diced tomatoes with garlic, onion and green peppers. Yum! Next time I think I'll add some fresh, diced green peppers for color and flavor.

~ Pam ~

homeschooling mom to 3 girls

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

weight.png

I made this last night and it was sooo good!! Everyone enjoyed it. I will definitely be adding this to my dinner rotations.

Nikki

SW 230.6(01/15/11)

CW 199.9(1/20/12)

Could I substitue tomato sauce for the tomato soup?

Any other changes that would need to be made?

I wanted to make this but I dont have any tomoto soup in the house, just tomato sauce, and no more time this week to go to the grocery store.

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

I don't see why not. I substitute tomato sauce for soup a lot, because I don't always want the sweetness that is in the tomato soup. Just use the same amount of sauce as the recipe calls for soup. The sauce may be saltier than the soup would be, so you might want to use no-salt-added sauce. That's what I do. Hope it works out for you.

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

How many oz is a regular size of campbells condensed tomato soup? I dont have a can in front of me!

**Sharyn**

I don't have a Tomato, but cream of celery is 10 3/4 and I think they're all about the same.

Sailorwoman

I think you are right..thanks!!!!

**Sharyn**

I made this as well last night..i put in a small can of sauerkraut and it does all the salting for me. I use chopped tomatoes and bulgar instead of brown rice. Even better as leftovers!!!

Rhonda

sw 222.2 cw 217.2 mg 165 gw 140

weight.png

exercise.png

Could I substitue tomato sauce for the tomato soup?

Any other changes that would need to be made?

I wanted to make this but I dont have any tomoto soup in the house, just tomato sauce, and no more time this week to go to the grocery store.

I have always substituted the two just because that is what I had on hand.

Nikki

SW 230.6(01/15/11)

CW 199.9(1/20/12)

There is so much great feed back on this recipe, that I can't wait to try it!

Melinda

Melinda :headover::jump_jack :bcb_march

I am slowly relearning to disconnect my weight and value, and that to me is huge.......BCB Hanna :salut

weight.png

I have been meaning to post a review on this recipe because I have fixed it more times than I can count but I keep forgetting.

This recipe has become a family favorite in our home. It is absolutely yummy. Even my daughter that does not care for cabbage loves this dish.

Many thanks to the one that shared this great recipe with us!

Leesa

HW: 259.6

CW: 161.6

Mini GW: 199.0 met 1/25/08

Next GW: 175 met 5/26/08

Next GW: 150

Inch by inch, it's a cinch!

Bumping up. Worth turning the oven on for!

Melinda :headover::jump_jack :bcb_march

I am slowly relearning to disconnect my weight and value, and that to me is huge.......BCB Hanna :salut

weight.png