Health Discovery Network
Iris77

Ian's sweet potato fries

Hello all...

I've actually had this before WW, yet didnt know it was as healthy as it is...

Ian's sweet potato fries, comes out to 1 pt for a 2.5 oz serving. i found them in the fridge section of Whole Foods, right next to the Alexia fries...You can double your portion and have 5 oz for 3 pts (that's a lot of fries)...

I just stick them in my toaster oven for 20 minutes...my only complaint was that they are kind of mushy, they kinda start to break apart when i take them off the oven plate...HOWEVER, they taste awesome, even if they're mushy....

Definitely worth it...

iRiS :p

lifetime since 2005...recommitted 03/22/09

new mommy to Lucy Bella on 8/17/09!

HW: 186

CW: 156.4

Goal #1: 150 (5%), Goal #2: 142 (10%), GW: 130

try checking the refrigerated section, where the frozen french fries are displayed. Some supermarkets may have a "healthy" aisle, or a sepearate healthy/organic refrigerator...

I found their website: http://iansnaturalfoods.com/ourfood.html

Go to their retail locator.....

iRiS :p

lifetime since 2005...recommitted 03/22/09

new mommy to Lucy Bella on 8/17/09!

HW: 186

CW: 156.4

Goal #1: 150 (5%), Goal #2: 142 (10%), GW: 130

I love sweet potato fries. I usually by the ones by McCain..I couldn't find the nutritional information on them, but I don't think they're as healthy as Ian's. I find that the McCain SP fries also come out mushy.

Becca

Ooh - this sounds good. I'll have to make me a trip to Whole Foods sometime in the near future! They're the only ones who carry my favorite black bean vegetarian chili!

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

here's a tip for baking foods so that they will come out crispier and not soggy:

A pizza stone works great, just put it in the cold oven and heat the stone with the oven to about 400, when it is fully heated put your fries on the stone. They come out much crispier, the stone absorbs moisture.

If you don't have a baking stone, use your regular baking pan, but pre-heat it then spray with non stick spray and put your fries on the hot pan. I do this with breaded chicken breasts etc. it really helps them to be crunchy.

Good Luck!

does anyhone know if these are core? usually frozen aren't but it seems there isnt anything in it that wouldnt be.

starting weight 247<br />now 160.....never to find those pounds again