Health Discovery Network
lynsey41

Zuchinni recipe ideas

Sorry if I spelled that wrong. I have alot and want some tasty recipes to use them in . Any ideas would be great!

Lynsey41:

What I do with zucchini is cut on a wide angle a little over 1/4 inch thick along with yellow squash, marinate with 1 packet of dry Good Seasons Italian Seasoning Mix, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/3 cup dry white wine, and the juice of one lemon for about 30-45 min. Then grill. They are wonderful! Hope you will try it and enjoy it.

You could also make zucchini bread. I can't make that often cause I can't leave it alone ... not even in the freezer, which it does freeze well.

You could also cut them in rings, dredge in egg substitue and then in Italian Style bread crumbs. Then bake at 400-425 for about 15-20 min., turn, and bake another 15-20 min.

Hope these help!

Diane

I use summer squashes as a "substitute" for pasta.

Easy recipe: Slice and then either saute' or boil (my preference is a saute' in a little bit of water). Place in a casserole sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with your favorite low-point tomato-based pasta sauce and top with cheese. Bake in medium oven until bubbly. If you choose your ingredients carefully, you can get a VERY filling entree for only 1 or 2 points (I make my own sauce using no oils and substitute mushrooms for the meat giving me a 0-point sauce so I only have to count the cheese).

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

If you use a vegetable peeler and make strips longways down the zucchini it's like fettucine! Or if you have a Spirooli you can make these long fun curly noodles.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189