Health Discovery Network
GroovyLoser

Spaghetti Pie

I posted this for someone on the WW site so I thought I'd do a post here too - sorry, not sure if this is a repost nor do I know who to credit. It's a GREAT one though! ;)

WW Spaghetti Pie

Makes 4 servings

7 points per serving

2 cups cooked thin spaghetti (I use Barilla plus or Dreamfield’s - use any kind that’s only 3 points per cup)– 6 pts.

3 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese – 3 pts.

1 egg, beaten – 2 pts.

Non-stick spray

1 small onion, chopped

2-3 cloves minced garlic

1-cup fat-free ricotta – 3 pts.

6 oz. 93% ground beef, cooked – 9 pts.

1 cup canned diced tomatoes, well drained

2 tbsp. tomato paste

2/3 cup of Kraft low-moisture part skim mozzarella cheese – 4 pts.

Salt & Pepper to taste

First, prepare crust: in mixing bowl, stir together spaghetti, parmesan cheese and egg. Place in a 9" pie pan sprayed with Pam. Spread over bottom and sides to form “crust”. Spread ricotta over crust.

In skillet sprayed with Pam, sauté onion and garlic over medium heat. Add precooked ground beef, tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook for 5-7 minutes until thoroughly heated. Pour over ricotta cheese/spaghetti crust.

Bake @350 for 20-25 minutes. Place 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let cool slightly before cutting.

Note: I often use boca crumbles instead of the ground beef to make the points lower. I also sometimes add mushrooms or chopped spinach to the tomato mixture.

Guest Tessaroo

This sounds yummy! I might make it and freeze it--do you know if it freezes well?

You wont be disappointed! It's great!

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

I think I'm going to try this tonight! Looks yummy!!

"You're never beaten until you admit it."

George S. Patton