Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

Pot Of Pizza

I haven't tried this, but it looks like some Buddies might like this! :) :bcbsalute

Pot of Pizza

8 ounces extra lean ground beef or turkey

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped green pepper

1/2 cup (one 2.5 ounce jar) sliced mushrooms, drained

1 3/4 cup (one 15-ounce can) Hunt's Tomato Sauce

1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning

1 teaspoon pourable Splenda

3 cups cooked whole wheat noodles, rinsed and drained

1/4 cup shredded fat free or soy Cheddar cheese

1/4 cup shredded fat free or soy Mozzarella cheese

In a large skillet, sprayed with olive-oil-flavored cooking spray, brown meat, onion and green pepper. Stir in mushrooms, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and Splenda. Pour mixture into a slow cooker sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray. Spread noodles over meat mixture. Layer cheddar and mozzarella cheeses evenly over the top. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours/ Mix well before serving

Serves 6 (1 cup)

Note - Add 1 WPA per serving if you prefer reduced fat cheese instead of ff/soy.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Hi Carol}}}}}}}}

Sounds absolutely D~E~L~I~S~H!!

May I please ask,"How many Points per 1 Cup serving??"

I believe this is CORE, am I correct?? I LOVE LOVE LOVE whole wheat pasta, I just find that I have to cook mine ali`l more than the calculated pkg directions of 12 mins, I cook mine more like 20 mins.; til just past the "el dente" range.

TYVMIA!!

:water1: Have a Grand OP Day Buddy!!:water1:

Aquarius (Sara)

Assumption`s the mother of all mess~ups!!

Sara~ Sorry! I don't have a CLUE on the points! :crazy:

I just looked at this CORE recipe and thought it looked good~ :)

If anyone points this, please post it and I'll add it to the original recipe. :bcbsalute

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest Starrbrite

Thanks, Carol. This looks good.

Would this work baked in the oven?

If so, what changes would need to be made?

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

I just finished making this for dinner tonight and it was awesome!!! I baked it and it was great.

I set the oven at 350, sprayed a medium casserole dish with butter flavored pam, dumped in the noodles, added the meat mixture, topped with the cheeses, then covered with foil and baked for 30 min. It was awesome!!!

My in-laws are coming to visit this next week, will be making this for sure!

[B][I][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Jenny[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]height - 5'8"[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]HW - 181[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]CW - [/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]Weekly Exercise Goal - 75/210 miniutes[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiVQlpy/"] [/URL] [URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiVQlpy/"] [/URL]

This was pretty good as far as this type of pasta thing. I used a whole lb of ground beef, 2 cans of tomato sauce, a tablespoon of splenda, about a cup of cheese (combined) and I just added in green peppers and onions until I ran out of room.

I baked it in a 9x12 pan and I have a ton left over. I'm assuming this freezes well!

**Sharyn**

I was kind of leary to have pasta in a crockpot as I have never done this and thought it would be mushy...BUT it was fabulous..my whole family loved it and this recipe fed 7 of us (well 4 kid and 3 adults) it was great!

Nicole

Tomato Sauce is core.. not spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce I think that's what you mean?

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ok, I am such a dummy. TOMATO sauce, not spaghetti sauce. I think this has always been the same thing in my head. Duhhhhhhh.

Ok, this looks very family friendly.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Teg

I made this last night. I didn't care for the flavor of the sauce at all. So next time, I think I'll use a different sauce recipe. Mine came out very watery...I'm thinking that the base also needs a small can of tomatoe paste to help sweeten the pot a bit. This came out more like a bitter spaghetti sauce than tasting like pizza sauce.

Hunts (the really cheap cans of spaghetti sauce) makes the best sauce IMO. There is a "no sugar added" sauce in a can that I've found in national grocery chains (Like Target and Wal-Mart) and it's about a dollar in price. I think because they don't add sugar, it's Core. There's natural sugar in it from the tomatoes. If it's not Core, well, if I remember right...it's like one point a serving. Very tasty sauce.

a.gifl.gifl.gify.gif

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"

WL: 232/190/150

I made this in the oven yesterday. It was very good. I used Boca Crumbles and Veggie Shreds and substituted some oregano and basil for the Italian seasoning. It's a keeper!

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

Bumping up to make again.

do u think u could either cook this in a pot on the stove for less time or bake it in the oven?

LOL I dont have time to cook anything 6 to 8 hours and Im gone longer than that during the day.

**Sharyn**

I always make it in the oven. I think I cooked it for 30 or 40 minutes at 350. I don't like to use my crockpot unless I am at home because I am gone too long during the day to cook anything right.

I always make it in the oven. I think I cooked it for 30 or 40 minutes at 350. I don't like to use my crockpot unless I am at home because I am gone too long during the day to cook anything right.

Do you put the noodles on top like the crockpot directions say or do u layer it like lasagna, or do u even use noodles? I think some sort of rotinni or shells would work with this too?

**Sharyn**

I did use noodles when I made this but I think other shells would work too. I might want to use some extra tomato sauce if I made it with rotini - in fact I used a big can of sauce (32oz?) when I made this with noodles and 1lb of meat. I always use more onions and I put the whole green pepper in. I sprayed the pan and put the noodles in then poured all the other ingredients on top except for the cheese. Then I put the cheese on top and covered it with sprayed tin foil (so the cheese would not stick to the tin foil). My Italian husband ate it and liked it!

I have this in the crockpot right now for supper tonight. It smells wonderful.

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown