Health Discovery Network
Guest BluSpringsGal

Tuna Muffins

Guest BluSpringsGal

Someone in my WW meeting talked about Tuna Muffins. She loves them but couldn't remember the recipe. It has tuna, Stove Top dressing mix, a cream soup and not sure what else. You bake them in a muffin pan.

Does anyone have this recipe?

Jo

Guest HappyBunny

Here is something similar. I guess you could try it in muffin tins. I really liked them.

Tuna Patties

1 box Stove Top Stuffing, any flavor (Savory Herb is great)

2 (6-oz) cans of Tuna in water, drained and flaked

1 c. 2% Reduced Fat cheddar cheese

1/3 c. reduced calorie mayo

1/2 c. Vegetables of your choice (good choice is 1/4 c. onion and 1/4 c. shredded carrots or zucchini)

3/4 c. water

Mix together dry stuffing mix, tuna, cheese, mayo, veggies and water. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to allow the mixture to firm up. Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Take 1/3 c. of mixture and form into a small patty. Cook patties in batches of 4 or 5 for 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve alone, or atop a small hamburger bun or on a toasted English muffin.Makes 12 patties at 2 points each or Core + 1-Point.

Guest metalchick

yummy! i'll definitely be making this one!

These sound perfect to take for lunch at work - YUMMY!!

Thanks for the recipe.

Gina

Gina

5/7

SW 175 07/02

Goal 150 09/2003

Now 155

http://www.picturetrail.com\gina.1

"You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

I just got back from the store to get the ingredients that I dnd't have... I thought these would be great for my late day protien snack. Anyway, I'm gonna make them up for this week... I'm sure they'll be great.

Lara

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

These are absolutly Wonderful! My son and husband both loved them as well. I made up a batch to keep in the fridge for my late day snack when I get home from work. They are perfect with a little hot sauce on them.

Thanks again!

Lara

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

I bet these would also be great with the canned chicken breast I buy at Sam's! I pack hubby a week's worth of food at a time (he's an longhaul driver) These would be wonderful for him too!

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

Guest BluSpringsGal

Thanks so much for the recipe. I will be making them soon. I think they would be good made with chicken also.

They will be convenient to bring in my lunch.

Jo

At first I thought this sounded weird, but after re-reading the recipe, that would definitely be a GREAT afternoon protein snack! Must add the ingredients to my list...

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

bumping.....:salut

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Are these kind of like a tuna version of a crab cake?

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

Here is something similar. I guess you could try it in muffin tins. I really liked them.

Tuna Patties

1 box Stove Top Stuffing, any flavor (Savory Herb is great)

2 (6-oz) cans of Tuna in water, drained and flaked

1 c. 2% Reduced Fat cheddar cheese

1/3 c. reduced calorie mayo

1/2 c. Vegetables of your choice (good choice is 1/4 c. onion and 1/4 c. shredded carrots or zucchini)

3/4 c. water

Mix together dry stuffing mix, tuna, cheese, mayo, veggies and water. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to allow the mixture to firm up. Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Take 1/3 c. of mixture and form into a small patty. Cook patties in batches of 4 or 5 for 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve alone, or atop a small hamburger bun or on a toasted English muffin.Makes 12 patties at 2 points each or Core + 1-Point.

I made these this weekend and they actually turned out really good even my hubby keeps heating them up. They stay together very well I dont even need a bun, just been takin them in my lunch.

http://www.myspace.com/leebj

WW Stats (For Life)

(HW) 205.0

(SW) 199.0

(GW) 140.0

(CW) 178.8

Started WW 11-30-06

Made my 10% on 3-1-07 :bcb_up

Guest Hailey

This sounds great, thanks for posting!

Anyone ever try this recipe with canned crab meat instead?

I have several co-workers who LOVE this tuna patty recipe and it's a regular meal in their homes. Unfortunately I just can't bring myself to like the taste of tuna so I think I'll give it a try with crab instead.

"Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back