Health Discovery Network
Guest JennieB

Peanut Butter

Guest JennieB

I don't know what is wrong with me, but I have been craving peanut butter for the past 3 weeks. :crazy: I have been having open face PB&J sandwiches like mad. I use the Peter Pan Whipped so it is 3 pts for 2tbs of PB. However, I still want more... Does anyone have any creative ideas for getting this craving underway, with out using too many points?

Guest sunnyinslc

I love PB, too. Spread it on toast; it melts and a little goes a long way. Sometimes I eat a little warmed PB (maybe 1/2 T.) on a chocolate Vitatop or Vitabrownie. If you warm or melt it, you still get the flavor without using all the points.

There was a recipe posted a few years ago for 1-point frozen peanut butter treats. It was made with FF whipped cream and just a bit of PB. You might want to search for that recipe in the Dessert section of the Mess Hall board.

I'll have to try the whipped and save a point!

Sue

P.S. BTW, congrats on your terrific loss!

Too funny, both my sister and I never ate much peanut butter until we started watching what we ate, now we crave it all the time. If the craving is too bad I just eat one tablespoon straight and count the points. My favorite is Peter pan too..........

good luck.......

Linda

As the saying goes, "Nothing changes if nothing changes, and if I keep doing what I've always done, I'll keep getting what I've always got, and will keep feeling what I always felt."

Try putting the PB on celery. Then at least you're not spending Points on bread, plus you get a veggie serving! :crazy: :D

My dd loves PB this way and it gets her to eat the celery...

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

i don't know what it is....i have had peanut butter (yes, peter pan) almost every night since i started WW! i have been like that with guacamole too. at least for 1 month i had it every night. i just plan for it and i figure there must be something in it my body needs!!

Lee Ann

SW 185.4

It is so funny I found this post! For the past few weeks I have been a peanut butter nut. My favorite is to have two pieces of Great Harvest honey whole grain bread (1 point per piece, but it's yummy bread and the pieces are HUGE), toasted and spread with 1 tbsp. Peanut butter total (1/2 tbsp. on each piece) It does seem like when you spread it on toast, a little goes a long way. 4 points total and VERY filling!!!

:) Kacy

SW:263.5/CW:250.5/GW:159

weight.png

Ahhh, food of the Gods! I deprived myself of peanut butter for sooo long. Then I went through a phase where I said "What the heck? Just count it!". So every morning for weeks I had a peanut butter sandwich

2 slices light bread 1 pt

1 tbsp pbutter 2 pts

SF jam 0 pt

3 points for the most delicious foods on earth!! At 3 points, I could eat one for a snack more than once a day! After I "allowed" myself to eat p-butter whenever I wanted (in the 3 pt format), I got over it! I still eat it almost every day, but I don't obsess over it anymore.

5'2" SW-144.0 CW-136 GW-129.0

Count me in as part of the peanut butter club! One of my favorite quick breakfasts is a toasted English muffin smeared with peanut butter--I was surprised how far just a bit will stretch.

There are several foods that I did not eat often pre-WWers and now I crave---peanut butter is high on the list.

I CAN RELATE TO THE PEANUT BUTTER CRAZE:crazy: MY DH WHO IS OP CAN'T GET ENOUGH. HOPE TO SEE MORE WONDERFUL RECEIPES OT THERE.

*** I BELIEVE I CAN FLY! ***

I am an admitted Peanut Butter junkie. It is bad from when before I was WW, but not it seems so much worse. It is a pricey treat, but I do allow myself the indulgence. I would go crazy if not. The wonder of WW is the gift of not having to give up the things we love.

I will have 1 tbsp (2pt) on Whole Wheat WW bread toasted for breakfast. I have found melting 1 tbsp a dipping an apple is great too. I have recently spread 1/2 tbsp on a chocolate caramel rice cake for 2 pts. It is heavenly. On this same note, Quaker is coming out with chocolate peanut butter rice cakes in Canada (1pt). I can hardly wait. I only hope they have a strong peanut butter flavor. :crazy:

I've yet to try peanut butter on celery, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to soon. :kiss:

~Tammy

SW - 140

CW - 132.8

this weeks WI -1.6

GW - 123

Pain is temporary, but quitting is forever -- Lance Armstrong

It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.

That is my standard breakfast! Peanut butter on toast! I didn't used to eat much PB just because I had too much as a kid. I got started on the all natural without added sugar and now, I really don't care too much for the flavor of the major brands. But I sure used some last week at my DD's as that is all she had. No difference in points. Its very filling and I am just starting to get hungry when it is lunch time at work. For 3 points I stay full for 4-5 hours. I haven't found another breakfast that works that well for me. Enjoy your PB!

"A merry heart does good, like medicine..." Prov. 17:22

"If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right." Mary Kay Ash

I love PB too! I also have started use the all natural PB and love it. I use it on toast and put just a little bit in my smoothie too! A little bit in a smoothie makes the whole thing taste like PB - Yum Yum!

Stacey

Mommy to Hailey, Age 4

HW: 200

SW: 176.0 9/08/08

CW: 173.6 9/22/08

Halloween Challenge - Lose 8 pounds!

176.0 9/08/08

172.6 9/15/08

173.6 9/22/08 :bcb_mad2

171.0 9/29/08

169.2 10/6/08

168.8 10/13/08