Health Discovery Network
Medb48

Exercise tape ideas

I checked back on the threads to see if anyone else has asked this question and didn't notice one so....

I've been using the WW CD workout tape now for a week but I know that I will eventually need some variety. Once winter starts, I know all my exercising will be indoors. I'm not ready to invest in equipment just yet. What are some suggestions of tapes for moderate workouts? Variety is fine I'm willing to learn just about anything..pilates to yoga. I thought I could search out some of these tapes from the local libraries to see if I would like them before I buy.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

I loved the Walk Away the Pounds videos. There are several "versions".

The plain Walk Away the Pounds set uses 2 pound weights. She sells special round ones but you can use a little dumbell you can get at Walmart for about $2.

The Walk Away the Pounds for Abs uses a belt with resistance bands, so you do have to buy that.

The Walk Away the Pounds Express uses a stretchy band that costs about $10.

The equipement is optional in all of these.

Check out collagevideo.com for hundreds of exercise videos and you can see a preview of each video.

Also, I heard that netflix.com offers exercise videos to rent if you can't find them at your library.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest aprilinalabama80

I lost the majority of my weight with the Walk Away the Pounds videos also. I love that they start small (with one mile) and then you have the option to add as your stamina increases (up to four miles). I have just discovered a new video that I am loving: Crunch Burn & Firm Pilates. Why do I love it? It's low-impact, easy to follow and it multi-tasks, which makes the most of my exercise time. It is awesome!!!! I also use The Firm series for weight training. :exercise2

Beginning Weight: 298 pounds

Current Weight: 155 pounds

Weight Lost: 143 pounds.

Yes - the WATP tapes are great to use. Of course, there's my buddy Richard Simmons - always a party on his videos. I've bought several from collagevideo.com. It's great to visit their website because not only are there previews, but there's also user reviews.

Happy hunting!

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

I just got 2 jazzercise tapes--loving them!! One is for sculpting and the other is the dance class. Really fun--you can view all the jazzercise dvds on www.jazzercise.com Both of them really gave me workout and the time really went quickly!!

SW: 157.4

CW: 154.5

2.9 down, 19.5 to go

GW: 135

~~~****~~~

Paullet

gg- where did you get the jazzercise tapes? I would love that!

Click on the link www.jazzercise.com and then go to the store section. Even as clumsy as I am--I'm having a blast!! Now I have the WATP tapes and these to keep from getting bored!!

SW: 157.4

CW: 154.5

2.9 down, 19.5 to go

GW: 135

~~~****~~~

Paullet

You are awesome! You've saved me hours of research. Now to see if my library can get me some of these to try out. :bcbsalute

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png