Health Discovery Network
GroovyLoser

Tomato Recipes Needed!

With all this hot weather I"ve got tomatoes coming out my ears. I never thought I'd say this but I'm running out of recipe ideas. Any one have some good suggestions?!

Guest littlemissruckus

Honestly i just take toast, spread on mayo, slice tomatoes, and sprinkle on salt and pepper. You could make the no point soup with them also.

I love Caprese salad: tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, cracked pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Have you tried that?

What about stewing the tomatoes with spices and whatnot, then canning or freezing them?

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

I have sauce on the stove right now. I borrowed the coolest gadget from MIL. The "squeezo" separates pulp/juice from seeds/skin and I did it on the picnic table yesterday. I will make more sauce soon as its really easy with this thingy. The tom. soup is an excellent idea