Health Discovery Network
Paris Madeleine

Unstuffed Peppers (One Pot)

This is a tried and true family favorite. Freezer-friendly too. :)

Unstuffed Peppers

2 pounds lean ground beef

2 cups brown rice

4 cups water, broth, or stock

3-4 green, yellow or orange peppers, cut into a large dice

2 (15 oz) cans crushed and/or diced tomatoes

1 tsp dried mustard

1 tsp seasoning salt or salt and paprika mix

8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded or cubed

In a large skillet misted with olive oil, brown the ground beef; drain ground beef. Add in all ingredients except cheese; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 50 minutes. Stir in cheese and cover again. Continue cooking until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through and combined.

Serves 8 @ 8 points each OR Core if omitting or using fat-free cheese

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

Ooooooohhh, that sounds yummy! Very stick-to-your-ribs and gooey! :D Paris, when I see your name and picture above a recipe, I automatically assume it's delicious. You're better than the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval! ;)

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

:::blush:::

This is tried and true for us. I grew up eating a fattier, less veggie version of this and IMO the small modification (more peppers, more tomatoes) make it even better. I just bought all the ingredients I need to make it this weekend.

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

Ok, I've got a slew of bell peppers and tomtoes from my garden. I was planning on making stuffed bell peppers, but I think I'll make UNSTUFFED bell peppers instead.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

I made this last night, it was very good, Thank you. DH really enjoyed it too.

Becky

"Every moment is an opportunity to succeed."

Paris, this is a wonderful One Pot dish. I love those dishes anyway because they are comfort foods and regardless the lifestyle that one has chosen those are always good to have around. DH loves stuffed peppers so I though this would be an interesting dish... and it was better then interesting, it was wonderful! I did make one change, rather then two cans of tomatos, I used one can of tomatos and one of tomatos and green chiles. I love them and use them in just about everything I use tomatos in.

This recipe is a keeper! Thanks for sharing.

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Guest Princessmommy

This sounds great. I am adding it to my menu for next week. Thanks for sharing.

I am so glad y'all like this one, it is definitely a fave for me. I am actually pulling a portion out of the freezer for my lunch at work tomorrow. :D

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

I love the sounds of the recipe with one exception, (and I'm a total CHEESE LOVER!!) I think I'll leave the cheese out. Don't know why, but the cheese just doesn't sound good to me. Maybe I'll sprinkle some Parmesan on it when served :)

I love warm and cozy things like this!

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

Thanks for sharing this great recipe! Definitely gets a five star rating from me. I purposely only made 1/2 the recipe! This is soooooooo much easier than stuffing peppers too!

Guest KellyGreen

I am planning on making this tonight...so far only my hubby is looking forward to it! I will post tomorrow and let everyone know how we liked it! Thanks Paris!!

Guest KellyGreen

Well.....IT WAS AWESOME!!!

I did make some variations though.....

I cut up half an onion and some zuchinni, and some spinach and just put them in a pan and cooked em up a little before I added them to the mixture. I also opted to not add the peppers to the mix because I wanted to actually stuff the green peppers with the mixture, and once I did that I put them in the oven at 450 degrees....and, I sprinkled some low fat cheese on top of it.... it turned out sooooooo good!! My DH absolutely loved it, I loved it...but the kids weren't too crazy about it! So next time, hubby and I will have that, and the kids can have mac and cheese!

Also...this recipe makes ALOT...there was plenty left over to freeze...so next time all I have to do is buy a couple of peppers and just stuff em, bake em, and VOILA! Dinner!

Guest MamaxMiax

Sounds delicious!!! I will be trying. I think I will stuff the peppers too instead of putting them in the mis. Either way it sounds great!! Thanks for another great recipe, Paris!!

This was wonderful!! My DH and DD loved it also! It is truly a comfort food, very filling and delicious!!! Thank you so very much!

s/w 261

c/w 199

goal 160:buddysmoo

Excellent recipe. Changed it slightly by making it with 97% lean ground turkey, using non-fat beef broth, adding one medium sized vidalia onion to brown w/turkey, and seasoning it with 2 T tex-mex chili seasoning instead of salt. Also used diced tomatoes with peppers instead of the plain diced tomatoes. Didn't stir in the cheese but added 1/4 C fat-free cheese as a topping for each bowl. Absolutely delish.....my husband had TWO servings. Thanks Paris.

"I am pieces of all the places I have been,
and the people I have loved......"

– Brooke Hampton

DB and I both really liked this recipe! Changes I made: threw in some chopped onion and minced garlic with the beef, added some oregano, and I accidentally used only once can of tomatoes, but 2 would have been better!

Thanks for a great recipe!

- Jacque

"Hang Tough. That means doing your best every day."

- Major Dick Winters, Band of Brothers

SW: 162

CW: 149

GW: 135

I ate this at a bonfire/party and it was awesome! Everyone loved it, and I was afraid I was blowing my points for the night. The girl who made it said it was WW friendly, and none of us could believe it. I would also add some onion and garlic, possibly some zucchini. Thanks for posting!

Beth

Start WW 8/22/02 ~ 214.2

Low 12/22/03 ~ 158

Recommited: 1/4/2011 - 220

Current ~ 217 :bcb_march

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

Maya Angelou