Health Discovery Network
Cherisunshine

Meal Planning

Does anyone have a good system on meal planning for maybe a week at a time? I am an organized person, but can't seem to wrap my mind around this. I'm looking for some sort of idea for planning out meals for two people on a weekly basis. You know like lunch and dinner...

Don't really need to plan for breakfast as this is usually oatmeal and fruit...and we're on our own then.

I'd like to have something planned out for each day's lunches and dinners. Any ideas or help in general would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & God bless,

Cheri

HW 169

SW 165

CW 162.6

GW 135

5'4", 37

Made it to 137 in 9/2002, now I'm back.

I am the vine, you are the branches...for without me you can do nothing. Jn 5:15 :workout: :water1:

Guest colleen7

Although I haven't yet tried this personally, my sister swears by www.savingdinner.com

They do a weekly menu plan with grocery list and everything. I think the fee is around $10 for 3 months worth of weekly menus, something like that. Although they don't say they are WW, my sis is familiar with the plan so she just puts the recipes into the Recipe Builder on WW website so she can get the points.

Good luck!

Hi Cheri,

I do a lot of meal planning. My process is to write down dinner ideas for 2 weeks at a time. I do this on a Thursday night, and then shop on Friday or Saturday for the ingredients.

I then cook on Saturday or Sunday for the week ahead. I opened my own business about 18 months ago, plus I have 3 kids so I don't have a lot of time to cook during the week, but I want to be sure we sit down as a family every night, so this is my solution.

I usally make my more labor intesive meals on Saturday or Sunday when I have the time to cook. For the week ahead I will make a soup or stew, prepare ingredients for cassaroles (like browning ground beef, boiling pasta, ect), I almost always have a crockpot meal during the week. And one night is sandwiches/tacos/spaghetti, something simple like that. I also make muffins or point friendly treats that we can have for the week ahead.

As for lunches,I make extra of most meals that I use leftovers for lunches.

Hope that helps!

Gina

Gina

5/7

SW 175 07/02

Goal 150 09/2003

Now 155

http://www.picturetrail.com\gina.1

"You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

I pick out the meals I want to make for dinner and then make out my grocery list from the menus. Brkfst and lunch are always the same (3 pts for B and 7 pts for L). I then know how many points I have left to play with for snacks and dinners and eat accordingly from the menus I have planned.

5'2" SW-144.0 CW-136 GW-129.0

When I sit down to plan my weekly shopping list I plan 7 dinners for the week then I choose 7 lunches and 7 breakfasts along with some snacks. I also plan my workouts for the week so I know how many APs I'll be earning as well. I plan these out on paper (in pencil) making sure I have my 8 healthy guidelines covered then log them into fitday to make sure I'm getting a good balance of fat/protein and carbs. (I tend to go too low in fat and protein when left to my own choices) Then I juggle stuff around until I have a good mix on each day.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Cheri,

I have found that it is harder to plan for just 2 people as most of the recipes are larger. When you find something that you like, you can always freeze 1/2 so that you have a meal for 2 weeks later. I know that most of my dinners are from 8 - 10 points in value. I list out 28 days worth of meals so that I can pick what things that I want for that week. This makes it easier for if you have an evening that you know you have to do a crockpot meal or an easy meal due to busy schedules. You can alway figure out the lunch points if you have the dinner and breakfast already set.

I hope that this is of some help or if you would like a copy of my monthly list, just let me know. I gave a nutrition class this year and have decided that if I keep them from month to month, then I can rotate them throughout the year. I am more than happy to share if you want.

Thanks everybody for all the great ideas and hellp!!!

Cheri

HW 169

SW 165

CW 162.6

GW 135

5'4", 37

Made it to 137 in 9/2002, now I'm back.

I am the vine, you are the branches...for without me you can do nothing. Jn 5:15 :workout: :water1:

Guest Princessmommy

I use my computer! I made up a page on Excel that has every day of the week for the next couple of weeks. I pick all of the dinners we are going to have over the next couple of weeks and fill in the boxes on the spreadsheet. Then I open up my grocery list saved on Word. I enter in everything I need from the store. on Saturday morning I go grocery shopping and during the afternoon I cook up all of my labor intensive or time consuming meals. I also make any snacks or desserts so they are available throughout the week. This plan works for me, hope you find something that works well for you.*I have also heard of people using a regular wall calendar to plan meals that way you can look back at the last time you made a certain meal.

Guest deedon63

I go through my magazines & cookbooks each Saturday until I find 7 meals that I want to cook. (I shop on Saturday afternoons) I keep those books on my microwave & make a shopping list from the recipes I've chosen. I write down the meal - main course & sides and post it on the fridge. I let DH choose which meal he wants the next day while I'm preparing the current nights dinner. I usually make enough for leftover lunches the next day. I just started doing this when I started WW earlier this year & it really has helped me save $$ at the grocery by having a list & sticking to it. it also saves time in the evenings because I already know what I will be preparing for dinner.