Health Discovery Network
WhereForArt

Another variation on Crustless Pumpkin Pie

This stuff rocks! It's a great quick breakfast, too! It's become a staple in my household.

Amy :)

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

oh boy, next time I make the pumpkin pie I will use your recipe with the cream of wheat and I am going to make the perfected core pie crust posted by Catherine Rose.:)

sw 169

cw 161.82

gw 158:jump_jack Judy

My mother used to make a pumpkin pie filling with vanilla pudding mix in it. Hmmm.....maybe work in some sf/ff pudding mix to thicken it up a little.

"Every day is a winding road, I get a little closer to feeling fine" ..Sheryl Crow:strong:

http://cshaw.extrapounds.com/

Guest Sahara

This was delicious! Thats the problem - I don't know if I will be able to eat it to satisfaction. So I may not be able to make it again. Mine turned out quite thick, almost like a bread pudding.

I made this last night.. I used a 1/4 cup caramel divinci and a 1/4 cup vanilla davinci..

It was really good.

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It's in the oven right now! I can't wait. It seems much thicker than the recipe I tried without cream of wheat! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Overall, this was pretty good. I like it more than the original crustless pumpkin pie that I tried. I think it's a good substitute.

SW: 189.5

Lifetime Goal: 148 March 2006

CW: 147 (7/19/2010)

Guest masondmom

Question guys about this pie....on the original recipe..first post it says 15 oz. can of pumpkin but then further down it says 28 oz. of frozen squash...which is it..or is it both. If it is either then why only 15 oz. of pumpkin instead of 28 like the squash..just trying to get my "ducks in a row" for when I make this tonight...I CANNOT WAIT!

Thanks so much..from a new Core person..two weeks in and I AM NOT GOING BACK!

Nicole

This is AMAZING!!

I made the variation using cooked winter squash and I used the French vanilla Davinci syrup.

This is the best recipe I have found on this site.

Thanks-you!!!

Hi --- I Made A Punkin Pie The Other Day I T. Of Canola Oil In Pie Pan Spread In Pan And The Side And Sprinkle Cornmeal Evenly And Get Some On The Side I Think I Used About 1/4 Cup On Top Of Oil And Made And Pour The Punkin Filling On Top Of Oil And Cornmeal Next Time I Think I Will Try The Butter Spray. The Orginal Recipe I Had For This Was Butter The Dish And Spread Cornmeal. And This Does Make A Crust I Think We Made Custard Pie With This. Its Been So Long Ago About 30 Years Since I Made One. Something To Play Around With Marie

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:bcb_march Marie

Question guys about this pie....on the original recipe..first post it says 15 oz. can of pumpkin but then further down it says 28 oz. of frozen squash...which is it..or is it both. If it is either then why only 15 oz. of pumpkin instead of 28 like the squash..just trying to get my "ducks in a row" for when I make this tonight...I CANNOT WAIT!

Thanks so much..from a new Core person..two weeks in and I AM NOT GOING BACK!

Nicole

I was in a frozen squash mood when I made this. :bcb_smile I used more eggs, FF evaporated milk, and no yogurt. It's just a different pie. BOTH taste great, I'm sure.

It just shows you that you can "mess around" with Core recipes and get lots of good results... :bcb_smile :salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I'm trying a new variation: 3/4 C. FF evaporated milk, and orange zest, along with a large can of pumpkin, and a scant 1/4 C. of Cream of Wheat (plus all other ingredients in my variation posted on page 1).

It's in the oven! I'll let you know how it turns out... :bcb_bigsm :salut

Congratulations, Mardee, on reaching Onederland! :salut :bcb_smile

Yum, Carol - I will definitely be trying that! And thanks! I'm pretty excited about that! :D

Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:

No more back fat!

More E-N-E-R-G-Y!

Buying stylish, not oversized clothes

Packing smaller clothes

Living long enough to see my grandchildren grow up

Having a stable wardrobe

Ability to handle cravings

The END of binging!

A healthier me!

It turned out GREAT! Amazing texture, height, and flavor. The only thing is: now I want to try it with fructose. I wanted it to be a little bit sweeter... :bcb_smile

((((((((((((aiming for perfection here)))))))))))))) :bcb_up

I love this recipe so much I keep experimenting with it, and this time I found a wonderful variation. Instead of adding oats to the mixture, I added Cream of Wheat (not as much - only a half cup). It was delicious! The cream of wheat actually changed the consistency and made it denser. It was more like "real" pumpkin pie - it even had the same pumpkin pie cracks on the top as a real pie!

Here's the recipe I used:

1 15-oz can pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix)

1 cup FF milk (I use soy milk - others use FF evaporated milk)

1/2 cup FF plain or vanilla yogurt

1/2 egg substitute (or 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg)

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 cup DaVinci Simple Syrup

1 T. pumpkin pie spices (or combination or cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves)

1/2 cup Cream of Wheat (uncooked)

Mix the wet ingredients together with wire whisk, then add in dry. Pour into 8" square pan (or pie pan) sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 60 minutes in 350 degree oven. Tastes great warm, but is extra delicious cold - and totally CORE!

I don't have Yogurt.. do you think this would make a difference if I left it out?

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You could try substituting FF sour cream or something else of the same consistency. I think the density of the yogurt helps give it body (which the sour cream would also do). If you don't have either, try increasing the milk a bit (maybe 1/4 cup) and see if that does the trick. Yogurt is pretty well available, though, at most grocery stores. Just get a small container of the FF plain or vanilla yogurt.

No more back fat!

More E-N-E-R-G-Y!

Packing smaller clothes

Having a stable wardrobe

The END of binging!

A healthier me!

BUMPING!

This is in the oven right now...will be breakfast for the next few days! YUMMO!!!!!

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

I use Davinci's SF Gingerbread Syrup. It is awesome. Thanks for bumping this us Amy.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Gee Amy, I just made this and used Splenda, and it is delicious! Thanks for bumping it up! I will definitely make this one again. DH and I give it a 10!:bcb_up

Tissie

One bite at a time!

Bumping this up for the holidays...

No more back fat!

More E-N-E-R-G-Y!

Packing smaller clothes

Having a stable wardrobe

The END of binging!