Health Discovery Network
Guest goneastray

Jello Brand Cheescake Flavor Inst Pudding

Guest goneastray

I found this SF, FF pudding mix while I was shopping yesterday. It is made by Jello and is supposed to cheesecake. Well I got real excited, I crumbled 1/2 of a graham cracker into each of my four little containers, topped with the pudding and let it set. I was sorely disappointed, it didn't have much of a cheesecake flavor and it had a pretty bad 'instant pudding aftertaste'. I won't buy this again. Has anyone else tried this? I used skim milk, could that be the problem?

I have purchased this before and will again but does it taste like cheescake? No.

It is a different flavor and if there is an after taste that is different than all the other SF, FF puddings, I don't notice it. But I usually eat just SF products and just may finally be used to all that after taste.:(

I wonder in softning a oz of FF cream cheese and adding to the mix would give you the flavor you want?

M

"A merry heart does good, like medicine..." Prov. 17:22

"If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right." Mary Kay Ash

I'm with you, goneastray! It does not even resemble cheesecake, why they named it that is beyond me. I have a couple of boxes of it still on my shelf and am thinking I'll add some lemon zest and maybe some vanilla to give it a more palatable taste. It's not good... I don't know what the people at Jell-o were thinking on this one.:ugh:

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

I make strawberry cheesecake blizzards with it and we love them.

8 oz. skim milk

2 Tbls. cheesecake sf ff pudding mix

3 Tbls. ff cool whip

Frozen strawberries no sugar

6-8 ice cubes

Put it all in the blender and it is wonderful

Karen

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

It's OK but not my favorite. I made it once with low fat buttermilk and it tasted a bit more cheesecake-y to me than with skim milk. But the sourcream type cheesecake not the cream-cheesey type cheesecake.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest KellyGreen

Ironically, I just used this in the pumpkin mousse recipe! It called for 2 boxes of vanilla ff sf pudding, but I only had one vanilla and one cheesecake...I don't know what the pumpkin mousse tastes like with just the vanilla...but it turned out absolutely wonderful the way I made it! Here's the recipe:

Copied from Panda Bear 62:

PUMPKIN MOUSSE

1 can pumpkin (15 oz)

2 pk F/F-S/F instant vanilla pudding

2 cups of skim milk

1 tub lite cool whip (8 oz)

1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mix pudding with skim milk; when set add other ingredients

Serves 8

.5 points per serving???

When I got this recipe it said that it was .5 points per serving.

From my calculations, however, I found it to be 2 points per serving. It includes 8 points for a tub of fat free cool whip, 4 points for 2 pudding packages, and 4 points for 2 cups of skim milk (pumpkin being a 0 point veggie)

Guest goneastray

Here is an excellent cheese cake receipe, I am not sure if I calculated the points right though.

1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs 1pt

2/3 cup boiling water

1 pkg. (4-serving size) Orange Flavor Sugar Free Gelatin

1 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese 3 pts

1 container (8 oz.) Fat Free Cream Cheese 4 pts

8 oz thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping 6pts??

SPRINKLE crumbs onto bottom and sides of 8 or 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.

STIR boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool 5 minutes. Pour into blender container. Add cheeses; cover. Blend on medium speed until well blended, occasionally scraping down side of blender container; pour into large bowl. Add whipped topping; stir gently until well blended. Pour into prepared pan; smooth top with spatula.

REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until set. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

TOTAL =14pts?

I find that the FF pudding mixes don't hold up well with skim milk unless they are consumed within a day or two. After that they seem to separate. Does anyone else have that problem?

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Guest goneastray

Mine does't hang around long enough to separate! I make it in the morning for that day, I just measure out 1/2 c skim milk, 2Tbls of mix( that is 1/4 box for most flavors) put it in a small Tupperware and shake. By shaking it it makes is kind of fluffy.

Got to agree that it doesn't taste like cheesecake, I'd had the regular version (pre-WW) and that one didn't either, I just look at it as a different taste, but certainly not cheesecake.

As for seperating, I haven't had that problem, but I've been putting mine into 1/2 cup disposable/reusable containers (the name escapes me..) to set and as a quick grab it snack

RE starting weight: 266.6

Goal: 10% at a time

1st 10% -

2cd 10% -

Onederland

DB wasn't too thrilled with this flavor, but we found a way to doctor it. We folded in Ultra Lite Cool Whip. It is way yumm and lasts a bit longer that way.

Renee

Renee

Queen Parties Like a RockStar

sw 180 :rage:

cw 145.0 :embarrass

gw 125 :strong:

10% - done 10/12

Half way mark - done 11/30

"Normal" weight- done 1/25

20% - done 1/25

15" gone since 11/23

www.myspace.com/coolguac