Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

Great CORE-N Bread

Wow!

I just made this and I agree that it's wonderful!

I made it in my clay square baker and it got nice and crisp on the top. I also added some grated jalapeno soy cheese. Very yummy!!!:D

Even my 6 year old liked it and he is very picky.

if you haven't tried this one yet.....please do. i love it too. so far i have just served it with a nice bowl of core chilli. any other ideas on how everyone else is using it would be greatly appreciated. the idea of a larger pan to make it crisper is something i will definately try. to me the best part was the part against the pan where it was extra crispy. i wonder how a fried egg with a slice of ff cheese and canadian bacon on top would be. i might have to try that.

dardee

on core and loving it:headover:

11/06/2006 159

ww goal-145lb

lbs lost so far 24

i can do this!

i will do this!

Guest colleen7

I made this last night, and it was good.

I found it a bit sweeter than I'd like ordinarily, but I am more of a savory corn bread kind of girl. Has anyone tried making it without the Splenda and perhaps adding FF cheese and jalepenos?

Guest Band Mom

Did a search for cornbread and found this one.

Making it tonight. It sounds like it has been well liked by many.

Guest Band Mom

Had this with White Chili with Salsa Verde. By far the best corn bread I have had. Next time I will try adding some jalapenos or 1/2c kernal corn.

Will see if the leftovers cause a problem for me today.

My leftovers molded in two days, so you might want to refrigerate yours! :o)

Kim

Lifetime Member

SW 164

GW 139

CW 135

Guest wandaf

Just wanted to say that I made this without the applesauce, added a can of creamed corn and diced green chilies and it was AWESOME! I forgot to put in the baking powder though so it was very dense. I liked it cold the next day just as well.

Carol, did you ever try it with the sour cream, and if so... how was it?

PinkGlttr

a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!

HW: 205ish... pregnant

SW: 190.4

CW: 182

MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!:bcb_up

MiniGoal: 180.4

This was absolutely, positively scrump-dilee-ish-ous!!! Wonderful! Tasted just like Granny's from on the farm in Alabama!!!

Cyn :wave:

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!

STARTING OVER, AGAIN.

sw:

cw:

1st goal:

Gonna try this one too. Maybe minus the splenda because I don't really like my cornbread sweet. Sounds yummy though to go with soup and even crumbled up with peas over it. Yes, I am from the south, lol:exercise2

kim....HW 189.0..SW 10/17/14 187.0 CW 185.0~GW 150

Guest sodacracker

I have made this before and skip the sweetener. Sometimes I use ff yogurt and/or sour cream depending on what is in the fridge. It always works.

Good recipe - we (family of 4) usually eat it in one meal so there is never leftovers to worry about.

Carol, did you ever try it with the sour cream, and if so... how was it?

Fantastic! I like it best with the FF sour cream. :D :bcbsalute

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Great recipe. I also used my square clay baker. I was out of FF milk but had FF evaporated milk so I used that.

I made this and it was great! I made 2 (9x13) pans of it so I would have leftovers. Some of the leftovers I cubed and made Stuffing (dressing) with it in a frying pan with sauteed onion and celery in olive oil. Just like I wouldve made it with bread cubes. It was YUM ! Im going to try it sub-ing the corn for the applesauce. Hubby really tasted the applesauce init and wasnt crazy about that.

SW - 260 1/31/06

CW - 201

GW - 147

Slowly but surely!

Dont know where I found it on here but this recipe was 10 times better than the previous one if thats even possible! This muffin one tastes JUST LIKE Jiffy!

Barbara's Corn Muffins

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 9 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1 1/2 cups cornmeal, whole-grain

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 cup skim milk

1/4 cup butter buds®

1/4 teaspoon salt (I use Salt Sense)

1/2 cup egg beaters® 99% egg substitute (or 2 eggs, beaten)

2 tablespoons Splenda -- optional for a sweet muffin, increase as you like for desired sweetness (comes out to be about 20 packets)

Mix cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and Splenda together in medium bowl.

Add the wet ingredients and stir just until mixture comes together. Spray

a non stick muffin pan with non stick cooking spray and fill nine of the

muffin cups with batter. Cook in a 350° for 15 to 20 minutes, til just

browning around the edges.

SW - 260 1/31/06

CW - 201

GW - 147

Slowly but surely!

I was inspired to make this by the "bump" -- it will go well with my Hoppin' John dinner tonght. Just tasted it; I agree -- this corn bread is very good. I added a few of the dried jalapeno pepper flakes to the mix, and it is delish. Also, I sprayed it with ICBINB spray.

Lamancha

SD: 3/11/06

SW: 212

CW: 207.2 (4.8# gone this week on Core!)

GW: 137

Could someone pleeeeeeeze tell me if the cream of wheat is cooked or just out of the box?? Thanks! Want to make this to go with tomorrow night's chili when my mom comes for dinner.

I didnt cook my cream of wheat first. But The recipe for Barbabras corn muffins is much easier and IMO much better. DH even ate them without spray Parkay!

SW - 260 1/31/06

CW - 201

GW - 147

Slowly but surely!

I checked, for the second recipe, and Butter Buds ARE Core...but what in the heck are they? Does anyone have the ingredients in them? :confused:

Thanks! :)

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest ShaeSim

Butter Buds are a dry butter substitute product that you can find in the grocery store - I have most often found it in the spice section with the salts and stuff.

FLEX PLAN question - for Barbaras Corn Muffins recipe has anyone calculate the points?

Thanks in advance!

Shae

I made this Core-n-Bread recipe today to go with my Core Turkey Chilli and OMG it is so good. I did however use Oat Bran instead of the cream of wheat. But even DH likes it.

Thanks for the recipe.

Melinda

Recommit Day:2/24/2008 280.2

Weigh In Date: 04/05/2008-269.40 -.8

GW 160-165

This is possibly the most wonderful Corn bread recipe! I threw in some corn, peppers, onions and chipolte peppers and it is so good. I put the leftovers into the fridge and pull a few pieces out at a time, wrap them in foil and heat them up in the oven. Thanks!

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

The pan that I make this cornbread in is about a 6x10 pan... it's an odd shape that I've had forever, but it allows the cornbread to be about an 1" thick... I cut that into 8's and then slice an 8th down the middle and use it to make a grilled cheese sandwich out of... it's very good. I have made them in a skillet and it turns out okay, but I used my George Foreman grill to make them and they are wonderful with soup.. tomato soup in particular. It works out wonderful.

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

gee am I the only one that prefers the muffin recipe? lol :D

SW - 260 1/31/06

CW - 201

GW - 147

Slowly but surely!