Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

Great CORE-N Bread

Guest ruby2426

being a carb addict like i am...this hits the spot now and then...tasted yummy...

if i can have regular bread... this will be just fine :)

thanks for the recipes.... awesome...

i'm gonna try the muffin one as soon as i get the ingredients...i'll pass along my

opinion :p take care all.

Guest ruby2426

i meant to say if i CAN'T have regular bread... oooooooo... i need to go back to typing class :) bye again...:crazy:

I made chili over the weekend and I made these to go with it. WOW! They were really good. I made them in cupcake tins for individual servings which worked out great. I did freeze some since it was such a big batch, although I havent tried them from the freezer. This morning I put one in the microwave for 30 seconds and had it with my breakfast... I love this recipe! The next batch that I make Im going to add corn kernels to the batter.

Rosie, NJ :jump_jack

SW 144.8/CW 143.4/GW130

also try, creamed corn...mexicorn and diced tomatoes and chiles or diced jalepenos! YUM!!!!! These muffins are a staple forme...I have them on hand all the time and eat them with everything! I keep mine in a tupperware container in the fridge. No need to freeze...they dont stay around that long! LOL

SW - 260 1/31/06

CW - 201

GW - 147

Slowly but surely!

Made it tonight. Can't wait to try it. I'm making Turkey Taco Soup tomorrow - if it's not too hot - shoudl go great together.

-- Linda --

Start date: 4-5-11

Start weight: 224.6

Current weight: 224.6

I made this last night to accompany a core crock pot recipe I found on the WW site - pork and sweet potato stew. Both recipes were out of this world. :headover: Would recommend this corn bread recipe to anyone!

I tried both of the recipes and in my opinion, I like the "Barbara's" recipe better.

Rosie, NJ :jump_jack

SW 144.8/CW 143.4/GW130

Guest Sahara

I made this yesterday and again today! Its a trigger food for me so I guess I can only make it when I have plenty of flex. Will try the muffin recipe next.

I made this with dinner tonight (a variety of Core Chili) and it was yum!

Even DH who isn't a big fan of corn bread to begin with said it was better than normal corn bread and although he didn't like it (I think its a texture thing) he liked it more than normal stuff :)

Jessica

HW: 230 OSW: 218 (1/03)

CW: 181.5 (9/8)

Jumping back on the wagon and not letting go!

buuuuuuump!

iRiS :p

lifetime since 2005...recommitted 03/22/09

new mommy to Lucy Bella on 8/17/09!

HW: 186

CW: 156.4

Goal #1: 150 (5%), Goal #2: 142 (10%), GW: 130

Creamed corn is core?

Nope, it isn't Core. :bcbsalute :)

Somewhere, somebuddy posted a "pizza" recipe using this Core-nbread recipe as the base. She said it was a wonderful pizza dough. If I could remember where it was, I'd add it to this thread! :) :bcbsalute

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariannas

Creamed corn is core?

Nope, it isn't Core. :bcbsalute :)

I have made creamed corn by putting corn, skim milk, and ff sour cream in the blender - light pulses - you want the corn to be chunky...

Then I added THAT into the batter and it was darn-near like creamed corn. The core-n bread was FABULOUS that way. Even DBF liked it.

Original SW: 149

New SW (11/8/10): 138

CW: 132

GW: 125

:work_out:

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

Bump...making this with chili this week!

Bumping Up...

Guest puglovertoo

This is fabulous! I am going to have it with my Hoppin John for New Years Day! Thanks for the recipe!! Tricia

Well, I just made core-n bread and I have got to say... FABULOUS! For anyone who is on the fence and not sure if they will like it, make it. I promise that you will be as surprised as I was at the taste and texture (which is of great importance!) of this "bread". It's just like "real" bread!!! I love it! Great recipe! I'm glad that I finally got around to making it! Woohoo!!!! :bcb_grin

Kay :bcb_wink3

HW- 192

SW- 164 4-14-08

LW- 149 7-30-08

CW- 161.6

Personal Goal- 135

I made a double batch and big 12 big muffins. There was some batter left over so I took Lara's suggestion (thank you, buddy) and put it in a 6 x 10 pan. That pan was barely 1/2" thick - if that. After it baked (less time, because it's so thin) I portioned and sliced it down the middle. I toasted it one day and used it for a ham sandwich!! Another day, I used my healthy oils and made a grilled cheese. Yum!

Oh yes, and for those of you who are like me (not much of a cook) :bcb_grin , I would reccomend that you mix together the wet ingredients first and then add the other stuff. I didn't and ended up with swirls of sour cream in the muffins.

Thanks to all you buddies who have fine tuned this recipe. It's really good.

Diane

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

I ate a piece today for breakfast with a spoonfull of sf strawberry preserves on top. what a treat! tasted like cake! i love this stuff!

Kay :bcb_wink3

HW- 192

SW- 164 4-14-08

LW- 149 7-30-08

CW- 161.6

Personal Goal- 135

where is the actual recipe and is it really core meaning 0???

SW-170

CW-169

GW-120

Loving mom to

Jonathon 11/5/99

Jacob 12/8/02

Loving wife to

Ryan since 4/22/95

where is the actual recipe and is it really core meaning 0???

It's on page 1 of this thread.

"Great Core-n Bread

1 cup cornmeal

1/2 cup Cream of Wheat, uncooked

1 cup ff sour cream

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/3 cup splenda

2 tsp olive oil

2 eggs

1/2 cup ff milk.

The cornbread bakes at 400 for 35 minutes in a "sprayed" 8 X 8" pan."

WWs says "Core ingredient + Core ingredient = Core food".

Some people think "hot cereals", like Cream Of Wheat are supposed to be "cooked" in hot water. That hasn't been clarified by WWs.

Core baked goods do have a higher energy density (than cereals cooked in hot water), and are easier to overeat. Take that into consideration, and if your losses should slow, re-evaluate. :salut

Some Buddies put a limit on eating baked goods once a day, or one piece a day. :salut :bcb_smile

Thank you!!:salut

SW-170

CW-169

GW-120

Loving mom to

Jonathon 11/5/99

Jacob 12/8/02

Loving wife to

Ryan since 4/22/95

OH MY OH MY OH MY I made these tonite for supper and what's not to love about core?? They were excellent.I love the dense type baked core stuff. The only thing I did different was to use 1 egg & 1 1/2 tea of the baking powder. I made 8 mini loafs and put blueberries in 4 of the loafs. They were so good ! This would be my recipe if I wasn't on core or flex they are so good. If you happen to be on flex these mini loafs come in @ 3 points each. Enjoy and thanks to the original poster from the w/w board and to ww carol for posting them here.

Blesings, Jane :bcb_happy

I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!

S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03

Working my way back to goal !!

weight.png

I believe, Jane, that you can find completely Core recipes as good as this one...and then why would you ever make something else?! :bcb_bigsm :salut

Glad you liked them. :bcb_smile