Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

Microwave Polenta: "Dumplings" And Slices

Took an old Charski recipe and Core'd-it-up! :D

Microwave Polenta:

1 cup polenta

2 cans FF chicken broth (14.5 oz.) plus enough water to make 4 cups total liquid

Mix together polenta and chicken broth/water in a large microwave safe casserole (I use an 8 cup Pyrex measuring bowl) and cover. Microwave on High til polenta is quite thick, stirring every few minutes (mine took about 8 minutes, your microwave may take more or less time...start with 5 minutes, stirring after the first 3 minutes.) [WWCarol: I cook mine for 15 minutes, stirring every minute or so for the first 5 minutes~]

Remove from microwave and let stand about 5 minutes before serving to "firm up" slightly.

If you have any left over after serving up dinner, pour it into a pie plate or loaf pan (depending on how much is left) and chill. You can then slice it and panfry in Pam til browned on both sides. Yum!-Charski, BCB, HealthDiscovery.net

WWCarol: Put just-cooked polenta into sprayed (or silicone molds) muffin cups or loaf pan and let firm. My silicone molds make cute small "dumplings" and larger ones.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Hi Carol, As you may know I switch to core so I am new to some of the foods and Polenta is one of them where is it found in the store? I have looked everwhere I thought or is this a health food Store Item?

Thanks for your time

Kim

Keep up the good work!

" Fat your out of here"

Have a great day!!!

۩۝☺♫░ﮝﭲ☻▲▼╫≈₪₪

Kim

5'8

SW: 204--Sep 1, 2004

CW: 175.5

GW: 150

۩۝☺♫░ﮝﭲ☻▲▼╫≈₪₪

I've found it in bulk bins, and in the health food or nutrition section of the grocery store. Bob's Red Mill has a bag, and so does Pheasant.

It also might be called "cornmeal", only it needs to be "coarse" or "medium" grind (not "fine").

It's worth the search, Kim! :) :bcbsalute

(And sorry I didn't see this question sooner~)

So nice to come and find a recipe when I need it! :bcb_grin

Since I'm still eating plant-based, I might follow a different tradition for Thanksgiving: chili with all the trimmings: raw onions, sauteed onions/peppers. A vegan cornbread which is delicious!

And for the regular folks: additions: corn tortillas, poached eggs, cheese, sour cream.

Sounds weird, but I'll see if people like it. For me, I'll have the polenta dumplings with my chili. :salut

Happy Holidays, 2011! :bcb_bigsm