Health Discovery Network
icinglady1

What am I gonna do!!!

My oven went nuts and the repair shop can't come out until OCT 22nd~..

I'm going to need some fantastic microwave recipes...

HELP!:sobbing: any ideas????

Be your own best friend every day.

Ok..I can breathe

I visited the crockpot forum and there's lots of choices there. I also can turn the breaker back on and use the broiler some?maybe! it's stuck on broil even if the oven is turned off so I can use that to my advantage alittle...

I baked yesterday so I have enough muffins for 6 days anyway...

We'll deal!..what else can you do anyway right!

Icing

Guest sodacracker

oh dear.... once I went for 6 months with a toaster oven and a 2 burner hot plate. I broiled chicken breasts, made 6 muffins at a time and even baked potatoes in the toaster oven. A slow cooker and George Forman grill would have helped in those days :).

I have a Nesco oven 'just in case'. There are many such ovens on the market now much cheaper. GE has a version at Wal-Mart that is only $30.00. They are great to have if you need an extra oven. Work just like a real one but are portable. Looks like a giant crock pot but it is an oven. Mine is 18 quarts and so is the one at Wal-Mart.

I hope you get through okay. I think it was smart of you to go the crock route. Pressure cooker recipes are convertable to crock pots too.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/

original starting weight 270

returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Hi Barbara..

Funny you mentioned the Nesco Oven. I actually got one last christmas and it's put away..I didn't even think of it! It's still in it's packaging...I'm going to have to go get it out..I also have a forman grill. I panicked..! I can't imagine not baking for 10 days...there are so many dishes I make on a weekly basis and then reheat all week for my lunches. I thought I'd place a phone call and a service man/woman would come out the same day!

I did live without an oven for awhile during my remodel..but we had calculated the groceries around that and I have all the ingredients for my cooking..that need to be cooked. During the remodel, We ate lunches and breakfast at home and dinner out every night..maybe I should look at this as a vacation:p

I'm going to invest in a toaster oven maybe...I've never used one of those.

this will be an adventure...right

If you are like me, you put it off until you can get the best possible one. I got a convection toaster oven at Penney's for 89.00, 10.00 off the regular price because I had a coupon. Then I got 10% off that for using our Penneys card and paid it in full when the bill came in.

Anyway, I love the convection feature and wasn't willing to spend hundreds more on a stove and oven with that feature included. It made sense to me. I really like it for muffins or small cakes for DH or whatever I want to bake. Especially in the summer when you don't want to heat up the house. I even go put it out in the Florida room to cook outside although that probably isn't necessary!

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/

original starting weight 270

returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.